• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"The Beast" Bernie Marsden's 59

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Beautiful pictures !!! Thanks for posting !!
For those of you who want to know more The Beast and Bernie are the coverstory on Guitarist Magazine april 2012 issue.
they have an interesting soundclip comparison between the Beast, Bernies signature PRS SE and Gibson LP Classic Custom.

1331295665_guitarist-april-2012.jpg

I just went to the shop and got it, thanks for the heads-up!

mbowen

Missed this first time around.Thanks Mike,way cool Burst.Mike B.

jalevinemd

Always been my favorite 'Burst. Just the right amount of flame and grain. And that beautiful fade...just doesn't get any better than that. :biggrin:

So glad to hear he still has it. I didn't think that was the case. Always makes me sad to hear of players who sold their 'Bursts and now likely don't have the money to buy them back (or another). I'm sure we've all got guitars in our past that we had to sell to make ends meet at the time (or for whatever reason)...only to regret it later.

Cheers, Bernie. :salude

Decoy205

Now THAT is great looking burst, Must be a real player to have such beautiful scars.

tdarian

Cool! Thanks for the link! Bernie seems like a cool dude. That tone! :dude: :salude

Every time I see a video with Bernie, he just comes across as such a nice fellow and a content soul. Really does. That burst kills, and quite frankly so does Bernie.

Minibucker

Was that once cherry sunburst? If so, it's pretty wild how much it's faded into almost a butterscotch by now.

mistersnappy

Was that once cherry sunburst? If so, it's pretty wild how much it's faded into almost a butterscotch by now.

Yeah, I don't think it was ever the brown/tobacco color. Frankly, I'm glad Gibson used the "wrong" dye at first. I love seeing the potential variations before they changed to the more colorfast dye in mid-'60. :dude: