• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Natural Les Pauls

BuzzHaze

I know they aren't popular but I just love them. I like the look of the wood and they seem to make the hardware "pop". I have a 79 Custom and an 80 Standard, both in the factory natural finish.

I was wondering if anyone else would like to post a pic of their natural finished Les Paul. I'm hoping there's a few of us here.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Yep, natural finish LPs are 'da bomb! :dude:

1978 LP 25/50 model:
1978_Gibson_Les_Paul_25_50_Natural.JPG

1982 Standard 82 model:
1982_Gibson_Les_Paul_Standard_82_Model_Quilt_Natural.JPG

1983 Spotlight Specials, ANT Models:
1983_Gibson_Spotlight_Special_ANT.JPG

1983_Gibson_Spotlight_Special_ANT_Model.JPG

1996 Custom Shop LP Standard:
1996_Gibson_Les_Paul_Custom_Shop_Amber_Quilt.JPG

BuzzHaze

wow....those are stunning. The 78 25/50 is just gorgeous!!! It has everything I'd want in a natural Les Paul.

I haven't seen many with the walnut strip running through the center. They look like beautiful race cars. Very nice indeed. Thanks for showing them.

Last edited:

lanman

Wow Mike. Those are simply stunning! Just when I thought I've seen everything you have, you pull out these babies. M-92 is really a beauty.

DANELECTRO

Inthe late 1970,s, the previous owner of this 1969 Deluxe decided that natural would look better than gold.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the natural look, so I had the top refinished in a "1950's" aged gold

pinefd

Wow, some beautiful guitars, guys!

My only contribution to this thread also happens to be the only Gibson USA guitar that I own...a Studio Premium Plus:

IMG_5021_1200_2.jpg

Frank

stratking

I've always been a fan of a "naked" Custom with Bigsby and P90s. Such a great look.

BuzzHaze

Very impressive lot thus far. I didn't expect to see so much natural love on a site famous for it's beautiful bursts.

I agree, whoever did the goldtop refinish did an exceptional job. It looks factory fresh....and all these quilted naturals are just jaw dropping...and that maple neck Custom!!! WOW. I don't see many of those. Very sweet

Naturally, I'm lovin' this thread.

L

loufed52

My Custom Shop '68 Custom (that never was), one of the lightest Customs I've ever held. I should have kept it.

68LP.jpg

68LP1.jpg

For natural finishes how about the Smartwood series?
Should have kept this one too.

SWood1.jpg

SWood4.jpg