• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New cases on the 2014 Gibson USA Les Pauls?

madformac

Has anybody got a 2014 Les Paul with the new case based on the tough brown tolex 1990's one?

Seen a few pictures emerging online now and they look pretty tough, maybe more than the old black custom shop cases.

Cheers :salude

SimonBarSinister

I have one... The case is pretty much the same as the originals, but the inside is less pink and no shroud. The clasps are not as sturdy... Other than that it is the same...

Uncle Gary

I noticed the same with the case on my '14 Firebird. It looks like the '90's era cases-brown outside, pink lining but no shroud.

Hillbilly JT

I see the prices on the first run of liftons going up steadily (without the 'secure' latch(es)) [but am not sure they are selling]--not sure what those are called. I saw a '14 case recently and it has multiple of these 'secure' latches (I have one from '11 and it has only one).

madformac

I see the prices on the first run of liftons going up steadily (without the 'secure' latch(es)) [but am not sure they are selling]--not sure what those are called. I saw a '14 case recently and it has multiple of these 'secure' latches (I have one from '11 and it has only one).

I have a lifton "reissue" that came with the 2005 R9 and it's a very heavy and tough case. Shame the protection is lacking internally and the crap latches are period authentic.. But it's fine for storage and nice to keep with the guitar.

I have two lifton "style" cases and the second one which is a 2013 version has loop latches all around which is much better but the actual "wood" is inferior to the litton reissue.