• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2003 Gibson Les Paul '59 Reissue, Murphy Aged, Brazilian Rosewood

jimmyace2006

My 2003 Brazilian/Murphy/BOTB with double-white Humbuckers ...

2003.jpg

Are those pickups original 2003 burst buckers with double cream bobbins? It looks like it! THAT is the Braz I want. Color, pickups, aged. YOU GOT IT. SELL TO ME!

For comparison, take a look at my 2009 R9 with double cream BB2/3:

z1.jpg

z4.jpg

z18.jpg

jimmyace2006

Yes, they are 2003's but not original to the guitar. I purchased them from an ex-Gibson employee.

2003paf1.jpg

2003paf2.jpg

Cool, yours are BB2/3 as well. I really like that guitar. Have you given any thought to changing the wiring to 59 wiring? (connect the caps to the lower lug on the tone pots instead of the middle lug) I believe it will improve your tone noticeably. Another thing that would look good on that guitar is a set of retrospec offset tail piece studs. I put them on my guitars pictured above.

delawaregold

Since there is no space between the nine and the three, I assume this
is a six digit serial number which would make it well out of the
Brazilian range. Is there an explanation on how that obviously
Brazilian Fretboard got there?

My 2003 Brazilian/Murphy/BOTB with double-white Humbuckers ...

2003.jpg

Great Top, by the way!

BurstMeUp

Since there is no space between the nine and the three, I assume this is a six digit serial number which would make it well out of the Brazilian range. Is there an explanation on how that obviously
Brazilian Fretboard got there?
Yes! This was the first and ONLY BOTB that Ron (David) personally ordered, and it had to have a Brazilian fretboard. I still remember the day he called be when he received it!

Not only does this guitar NOT appear in the Brazilian log/database, Gibson won't even admit to manufacturing them on the numerous times I have called them to confirm other facts about the 33 or so BOTBs produced. (because of the threatened lawsuits by the bursts they were replicating and for even using the BOTB designation from the author of the book).

P.S. I have a 2004 BOTB also that does not have a BF.