• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2003 Gibson Les Paul '59 Reissue, Murphy Aged, Brazilian Rosewood

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member
Well, it seems to me that the serial number mentioned in the website (9 3269) is not the same to the one on the attached COA & headstock-back images: 9 3626...:wah
Am I missing something here???

The serial number on the guitar is 93626 and it's the same on the COA. That's all that matters. The serial number in the listing is just mixed up, no big deal.

pinefd

Very unique and certainly rare! :salude

Yes, it's nice, but not quite as advertised...as discussed here: http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166837

Frank

Black58

14K!? :wow .. FUUUCK that! ... I'd be looking for something old, with a wad 'o bacon like that. :2cool

solsurfr

Without further ado... here's 93626 (taken with a Sony Cybershot 6mega pixel camera, indoors, under low living room light :))

DSC06019.jpg

DSC06022.jpg

DSC06006.jpg

DSC05986.jpg

DSC05991.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

songsj

Frankly I'd rather have an R9 Stinger for less money. I'm not one who really cares about a Murphy aged guitar. I never saw the point in taking a new guitar and trying to make it look old. To each his own. I would never pay one cent more for a guitar that has been aged. Maybe less. But that is only me.

solsurfr

Frankly I'd rather have an R9 Stinger for less money. I'm not one who really cares about a Murphy aged guitar. I never saw the point in taking a new guitar and trying to make it look old. To each his own. I would never pay one cent more for a guitar that has been aged. Maybe less. But that is only me.

Yes, many feel this way. It's been a debated subject here for years. No wrong answer. I felt the same way a few years back until I played one. I own this one and also a 2006 Yamano Murphy R9 in Sunrise Teaburst. I haven't looked back since. To each their own. :salude

solsurfr

Great guitar, Carlos! Nice score.
Congratulations!

:salude

Thanks, Artie :salude

Thus far, it's been a very fun guitar to play. The neck is a round medium profile than my '06 R9 Murphy Yamano which noticeably has bigger shoulders and beefier. Very resonate and loud unplugged and with a nice bite under a classic rock crunch as you can hear from GPG's demo clip. The Brazilian board is very dark and the grain pattern is pretty straight... very vintage.

The flame pattern is gull-wing as someone mentioned already. Slight chevron in the middle then straightens out towards the edges. Has strong peek-abo character. Pretty cool looking all together. Tom Murphy aged this one a bit more than my '06 Yamano R9 but it's pretty close all things being equal.

I've been trying to get better pics of it but with my point-n-shoot little Cybershot, it's tough. I can't capture that Frank Pine photo magic unless I invest in some serious photog gear! :)

dwagar

one of the nicest boards I've seen on an '03. Congrats man.

The Boz 56

Hi,

Really nice guitar, my gratulations to the buyer.

I'm interested in 2003 brazilian R8, R9 and R0's, does anybody know a dealer or someone who is offering one actually? I searched gbase.com and did not found anything...

In advance thanks for any reply...:)

Regards,
Philippe

Email me I may be able to help. B

Todd Louis

well look I have to comet about the price, THAT'S NUTS 14 grand....?
I don't think so.....

but nice 59'

scubasteve00

I bought my 03 brazilian Murphy a week before they made the no more brazilian announcement . I got it from Wildwood. Those were the days.

BurstMeUp

My 2003 Brazilian/Murphy/BOTB with double-white Humbuckers ...

2003.jpg

Last edited: