• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Joan Jett Melody Maker!!!

badform

Here are some pics I took of her and her MM last October...

jj7.jpg

jj4.jpg

jj3.jpg

bangkok

It's not like anyone was blindsided that she (or any of the Runaways) were dykes, but she sure grew up to be a bow wow! And now she rubs rugs with Carmen Electra! Go figure!:wah

Ham_Fist

All Access/Backstage Pass
Wow. This thread got weird. I guess I'm going to email Gibson to see what's going on with this guitar.

Ham_Fist

All Access/Backstage Pass
Due to the overwhelming interest in who Joan Jett is bumpin' uglies with, I finally emailed Gibson to see if this guitar was still being released. I almost typed "to see if this guitar is still coming out", but I didn't want to fuel the gay joke fire.

Yeah, I really live it up on the weekends. Hangin' out, emailing Gibson and all. Party.

texas legs lee

my turn to jump in..
in 1994, as i was late headin' into work one day, i figured : why not? i'll stop into my small, local music store and... BAM! i saw a nice 'old' MM hanging on the wall. i dug it's vibe, it's dbl cutaway shape so i ended up buying it on the spot!
details: 1965 double pickup that's been modded as follows:
2 humbuckers [unknown make, but they are GREAT sounding!]
2 vol, 2 tone knobs [vintage 'reflector type'] + 3 way selector toggle
nashville TOM + stop tailpiece.
grover pegs.
p.s. when i bought my BRAND NEW 1987 335 dot reissue, the hardware corroded within 2-3 weeks ,but the tuners, bridge/tail, and pickups on this MM are as shiny as though they're new. go figure...
THE NECK IS HUGE, meaty, great for bending them strings, but oh-so-comfy!
the whole guit resonates wonderfully, is light as a feather and though i have a bunch of 'collectable' and expensive guits, this MM has become my 'go to' gig guitar.it's ALWAYS come through soundwise, holds it's tuning, and LOOKS COOL to boot.
i'd buy another one like it if i could.
a comparably equipped 65 SG std would cost a FORTUNE....

M

Martin2

my turn to jump in..
in 1994, as i was late headin' into work one day, i figured : why not? i'll stop into my small, local music store and... BAM! i saw a nice 'old' MM hanging on the wall. i dug it's vibe, it's dbl cutaway shape so i ended up buying it on the spot!
details: 1965 double pickup that's been modded as follows:
2 humbuckers [unknown make, but they are GREAT sounding!]
2 vol, 2 tone knobs [vintage 'reflector type'] + 3 way selector toggle
nashville TOM + stop tailpiece.
grover pegs.
p.s. when i bought my BRAND NEW 1987 335 dot reissue, the hardware corroded within 2-3 weeks ,but the tuners, bridge/tail, and pickups on this MM are as shiny as though they're new. go figure...
THE NECK IS HUGE, meaty, great for bending them strings, but oh-so-comfy!
the whole guit resonates wonderfully, is light as a feather and though i have a bunch of 'collectable' and expensive guits, this MM has become my 'go to' gig guitar.it's ALWAYS come through soundwise, holds it's tuning, and LOOKS COOL to boot.
i'd buy another one like it if i could.
a comparably equipped 65 SG std would cost a FORTUNE....

Yea but does it have stickers? :rofl

texas legs lee

Yea but does it have stickers? :rofl

no stickers, not into this whole JJ issue, my point is that at that time, i didn't own any SG's or any 1959 dbl cut JRs or SPECIALS, so when i say that beautiful CHERRY mahogany MM hanging in that local shop, it filled a 'niche' that i was jonesing for at the time VISUALLY, and only AFTER the purchase, did i actually learn how great it was to PLAY on!
the ONLY downside to it is that it is 'neck heavy' and not balanced when i let go of the neck. it truly is a great PLAYER guitar.
whoever did all the mods prior to my buying it, deserves a HUGE THANK YOU. they did a GREAT JOB, and made a 'budget model' into a truly great performing guitar! [of course, it did affect it's 'collectability' though...]
best part is, that i paid either $195 [could've been $295, don't really remember which] for it! i'm holding it in my avatar pic.

Mr. Clean

OK, is this guitar going to be made or not?

Still not listed on the Gibson GOW page.

M

Martin2

no stickers, not into this whole JJ issue, my point is that at that time, i didn't own any SG's or any 1959 dbl cut JRs or SPECIALS, so when i say that beautiful CHERRY mahogany MM hanging in that local shop, it filled a 'niche' that i was jonesing for at the time VISUALLY, and only AFTER the purchase, did i actually learn how great it was to PLAY on!
the ONLY downside to it is that it is 'neck heavy' and not balanced when i let go of the neck. it truly is a great PLAYER guitar.
whoever did all the mods prior to my buying it, deserves a HUGE THANK YOU. they did a GREAT JOB, and made a 'budget model' into a truly great performing guitar! [of course, it did affect it's 'collectability' though...]
best part is, that i paid either $195 [could've been $295, don't really remember which] for it! i'm holding it in my avatar pic.

Just goes to show that the most expensive guitars are not always the best ones.:dude:

texas legs lee

Just goes to show that the most expensive guitars are not always the best ones.:dude:

indeed...
the 'best' guitars, are the ones you feel a 'connection' with. if holding the guitar makes you look cool and makes you feel cool and 'inspired', and ..of course, if the guitar SOUNDS cool, then THAT is the 'best' guitar.
i won't bore anyone with listing my 'collection', but my trusty old MM always 'comes through' for me..