• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Help me ID this junior

N

neon333

Hey Ya'll,
It's been awhile since I posted...life has a way of keeping one occupied. Anyway, I have a bit of a head scratcher here. It's a 2006 Junior. 3 piece body, cherry nitro finish (def nitro because the dye is bleeding into the fret markers...just couldn't get adecent pic) , thick neck (not a b-ball bat but not a slimline). Now I know Gibson made regular production jr's but the wrap TP went straight across the body. As can be seen in the pics the wrap TP is at an angle much like original jr.'s. This is what has me scratching my head. Also, I cannot recall what year Gibson switched over to Obeche FB's. I believe the one on mine is rosewood. Serial # ends in 60593. Any info on this guitar is appreciated. Thanks.

Texas Blues

Very nice and interesting too.

I have a USA '06 SC Faded 2 piece offset but with the straight compensated bridge.

I don't reckon CS did any 3 piece bodies.

Maybe it could be a one off limited run for GC or some other joint.

Where'd you get it?

N

neon333

Yeah, I've kinda ruled out a CS due to the 3 piece body. I googled and googled but came up with no info. Usually, if it was a one off for any of the big online outfits it would show up in the search and a "item no longer available" notice on the web page...no hits. To be honest I picked it up on e-bay 4 or 5 years ago. Is your FB rosewood or obeche?

Texas Blues

Rosewood. I don't reckon Gibson used obeche until 2012 after the rosewood scandal but I could be wrong.