• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What have u done to your Tribute 50 or 60

Musicman

Added faux binding, strap locks and new 50's harness.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv5%3A43%3Dot%3E2354%3D%3B33%3D%3A48%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A43%3A5%3B%3A2723%3Bot1lsi

tom

tips for binding? what I did on the sunburst on page 1 was use green tape not blue all around the binding edge, and then slowly scraped one way only towards me with * NEW* razor blade. taking my time in a bright overhead light with no distractions. Kinda like rowing a boat...about one or two inches in length on the strokes. it was difficult near the neck joint, but not hard.

I also used masking tape ON the single edge razor to "measure and tape off" the width of the binding. that kept the width consistent and error free.

I then rubbed tung oil into the finished binding. (it turned out better than that guitar with natural binding and birds). nice grain patterns...

I hope this helps Kevin.