• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1969 GT Advice

demillso

Hey all- I might have the opportunity to pick up a 69 GT for a decent price but I am a little out of my element with this model year. From what I can tell its a mid 69 with a one piece body and 3 piece neck and minihums. Appears to be all original parts and finish with a fair amount of wear and checking. Downside is a headstock break that has yet to be addressed. He says it plays fine as is but it has a pretty good W shaped crack. What would be a fair price to pay for something like this? Thanks!

shred

Honestly, it's a pretty tough question... A lot depends on your local market, the neck break and overall condition. I honestly wouldn't pay more than $3000 for it. I'd rather pay a bit more and try to find a no issues 69. That's just me though... Good luck :)

Last edited:

telstarstuff

What does "yet to be addressed" mean? Sometimes properly glued breaks turn out stronger head stocks than pre break. 3.5k isn't out of the question. Awesome guitars!

demillso

Its broken and hasn't been repaired yet. The deal didn't work out. We agreed on a price and were in the middle of setting up a time to meet and all of a sudden the guy stopped answering the phone or texts. I'm disappointed but my wife is not so much.

Wiggy

All Access/Backstage Pass
Its broken and hasn't been repaired yet. The deal didn't work out. We agreed on a price and were in the middle of setting up a time to meet and all of a sudden the guy stopped answering the phone or texts. I'm disappointed but my wife is not so much.

Had it been my ex-wife I would be highly suspect of some diabolical plan to eliminate the seller