• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1966 es-345... Refin?

latestarter

as per DEVILBATs comments, that finish looks right. My 355 had similar spots inside it's f-hole.

sharky

This is one awesome looking ES. Tastiest cherry. I hope you get her

sharky

and the nice cathedrale figuring of the maple really does it for me

guitarmory

What do you guys think the chances are of finding pre t-top pus in this baby? Does it make sense to take the covers off to find out?

renderit

That ain't finish in the F-Hole. It looks like wine. Somebody dropped a glass while playing (or the lady didn't like the divided attention....)

JJ Blair

That ain't finish in the F-Hole. It looks like wine. Somebody dropped a glass while playing (or the lady didn't like the divided attention....)

It's blood. Somebody cut themselves doing windmills.

Frutiger

What do you guys think the chances are of finding pre t-top pus in this baby? Does it make sense to take the covers off to find out?

Likely.

I have a 1967 ES-345 and that has pre T-tops. Not only that but they also still have maroon wire (black and white leads though).

EDIT: I also looked inside the f hole of my 1961 ES-330 this morning and it too has tiny spots of red stain in there.

Last edited:

guitarmory

Well, she finally arrived... here she is with her elder sibling 64 330 (sorry for the crappy pic)... She's all original save for the tuners and bridge, but the bridge ended up being an ABR-1 with brass saddles so thats ok! I couldn't help myself from checking under the pu covers... the neck is a purple wire double black lead patent sticker and the bridge is an orange wire black and white lead patent sticker! It sounds amazing and is the first varitone guitar I've owned. I was debating doing the 335 conversion but I don't think I'm gonna touch a thing. Skinny neck as I predicted, but still very playable. I'm a happy camper.

IMG_4956_zpsd3ac2b8d.jpg

Wally

Kudos.... and I take it that the 'whiteness' of the back binding thatI was seeing in the pics was just the result of the photography/lighting, right?

guitarmory

Yep, the finish is fine... just the usual spots where the finish has been worn through to the binding