• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dickey Betts Les Paul Photo

Mark Kane

All Access/Backstage Pass
Here's one from a different angle,

allmanfw6.jpg

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
whew, went throght the images at that site. i had looked there before and had not seen it. There is one with a jean jacket that is about the same era...maybe the same jean jacket that's in th eimage I seek. That is a great site no doubt. :yawn

Mark Kane

All Access/Backstage Pass
whew, went throght the images at that site. i had looked there before and had not seen it. There is one with a jean jacket that is about the same era...maybe the same jean jacket that's in th eimage I seek. That is a great site no doubt. :yawn

Did you see the pic with the same guitar, same strap and Country Western leisure suit:rofl

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
This one ?

ABB-Dickey.jpg

It looks very similar to this image. The difference is that the image I am looking for is in color, showing the sunburst finish, and the pup covers have been removed. The one above is the closest one yet...so we are getting closer. Thanks for the effort.

Kevin L.

Tweedguy,
I remember the photo, because I really liked it too, and I kept a copy for a long time. I think your memory is correct as it was indeed in either Circus or Hit Parader. If I had to bet, I'd say Circus. Sorry I don't have a copy, but will search as well.
Good luck!

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
yeah those are the two i was reading when I was an early teen. I have tried to find a comprehensive index online but no luck as of yet. Glad to know that someone else remembers it! That last image really jogged my memory because it is so similar.

what do people think of the image posted by Jack? Is that a goldtop with a removed Bigsby? Maybe just a funky shadow. I would bet Tom W 59 would know.

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
I think that you might be on to something with your ID of the Mag as Circus August 1973. The pictures of Bowie, shown in the second link, I recall very well.

Anybody have a copy of Circus, from August 1973? We may be very close...

Thank you for your post.

frazettafan

Your'e welcome for sure but don't you want to bid on it? It prolly won't go for too much more than the start price? :hmm

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
yeah those are the two i was reading when I was an early teen. I have tried to find a comprehensive index online but no luck as of yet. Glad to know that someone else remembers it! That last image really jogged my memory because it is so similar.

what do people think of the image posted by Jack? Is that a goldtop with a removed Bigsby? Maybe just a funky shadow. I would bet Tom W 59 would know.

The photo I was looking for is not similar to the one above, so I am probably on the wrong track for the photo you want.

As for this photo, that is a Bigsby shadow.

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
gone for a day...I think I will grab the mag. My confidence is high that is the issue...Thanks guys!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Here's the pic I was looking for:

normal_Dickey%20Betts%20in%20the%2070s.JPG

I also did a Burst Pic of the Week feature on Dickie and this guitar last July, with this photo:

normal_Dickie_Betts_with_Burst_full.JPG

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
those are cool images! Still not the one I am looking for though. Thank you for posting them none the less. I ordered a copy of the magazine. I am pretty confident that is the issue that has the image.

harryland

In the article there was a very large color image of Dickey Betts playing a sunburst Les Paul with the pickup covers removed. Seems as though he was wearing a blue denim jacket in the photo. The image was taken from the right front side of Dickey.

Maybe this one.

394911961.jpg