• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

gorgeous 2013 reissues on ebay, what are your thoughts?

sharky

I've heard good about Phazyme, but that's just hearsay, no own experience. Your link leads to a Dickey Betts VOS SG

Mainah

The seller's name is Peter Coplin. I've purchased from him before and he's a safe bet. He usually posts LOTS of detailed pics, and what you see is what you get.

frenchphil

thanks for the feedback guys

yes sharky i saw that

but if you click on the seller name and then items to sell then you"ll see what i mean

he has beautiful pics

CoolGuitarz

Don't know him but hes got a lot of nice ones...
.........also possesses a prodigious talent, seemingly, for taking extreme closeups of odd parts of the guitar, and also managing to include several dozen photos of the guitar's top without a single one showing any useful visual information (except, perhaps, for wide areas of reflected sunlight, and also his camera's bokeh capabilties-

bluesforstevie

.........also possesses a prodigious talent, seemingly, for taking extreme closeups of odd parts of the guitar, and also managing to include several dozen photos of the guitar's top without a single one showing any useful visual information (except, perhaps, for wide areas of reflected sunlight, and also his camera's bokeh capabilties-

That's funny because I was thinking that he didn't capture the tops very well...each top has an angle where it LIGHTS UP!!!...and it does take a good eye for knowing the potential of the top and just how to capture the figure at its best....and I was thinking that these are the types of sellers who do themselves a slight injustice by NOT capturing the flame at its zenith....

Charlie D. is one who just has a knack for it. Most don't. YMMV and these ARE killer guitars, and he does take many pics...I'd feel safe buying from him for sure, but I think on the flame part anyway, he could improve....:wah

ChevChelios

Dunno ... but if I would want a Lester with an amazing top, detailed info + realistic pictures ... I'd buy at MGL (Mark's Guitar Loft)! :dude:

bluesforstevie

Dunno ... but if I would want a Lester with an amazing top, detailed info + realistic pictures ... I'd buy at MGL (Mark's Guitar Loft)! :dude:

Absolutely...

For some, however, arming themselves with knowledge and then buying online has some advantages.

buckwild

that seller photographs his guitars in the oddest angles I've ever seen, bad lighting situations too...he's doing zero justice to those guitars.

bluesforstevie

That top one. The Lemon Gloss...that is a really interesting top with some cool irregular and DEEP flame. But his pictures either seem to show a lot of reflection and or miss the proper angle that the figure and flame "POP"...that's too bad...he takes so many pics, you'd think he'd get lucky on a couple....he mine as well photograph with a flash..that way he'd at least capture all the flame in a similar fashion.

frenchphil

well i don't know much about the art of photography

but from what i see from the pictures, i really like the tops

so if the pics could be better, then it should be amazing tops!!

the prices seem very good also,

has anybody else dealt with the seller, who seems a straight guy

MikeSlub

Administrator
Not a great photographer, but there are enough photos in those auctions to give you a pretty good feel for how the tops look. :hank

frenchphil

i guess so mike

nobody can take pictures like CD or even yourself! lol

his prices are as good as mark's guitar loft and he has a 14 days return

Pip

Agreed about the photos but some of the best 13's I've seen in Europe - most European tops are not great. I've booked marked the seller for future reference.

frenchphil

hi pip! unfortunately for me (or fortunately for my bank account) the seller is in the usa not in europe and i tend to agree with you as far as tops are concerned in europe

Pip

hi pip! unfortunately for me (or fortunately for my bank account) the seller is in the usa not in europe and i tend to agree with you as far as tops are concerned in europe

Oops - assumed France, shame back to 2nd rate tops or 23% import tax, shame. Also why price in Euro's?