• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

WHOLE LOTTA BLING................................

JeffBlue

Allow me to introduce my eye candy ear-gasm guitar.
My highly modded 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme, gold Seymour Duncan '59/JB model pickups, gold pickup rings, Wilkinson roller bridge, Kahler brass stop tailpiece and Schaller strap locks.:jim

zoommutt

How does it sound? Do you like the Wilkinson roller bridge? Nice figure.

JeffBlue

This guitar sounded good with original pickups......but the change made this guitar exceptional. The rollers on the Wilkinson bridge ensures that there is no strings binding at the bridge. The rollers and the stop tailpiece are brass so sustain and tone are enhanced. This guitar was ordered from Guitar Center and the figured top is decidedly what they sent me. I really couldn't be happier since this is one of the finest flamed maple figured tops I have seen. Thanks. Please notice that I like to top-wrap.

Ryan Givhan

ive never had string binding problems with a well set up ABR bridge before, and i HATE roller bridges. but other than that, im digging the guitar.

JeffBlue

Thanks. Personally the guitar, it seems to me performs better with the roller bridge. But if you've tried it on a Les Paul, you would know which bridge you would like better. I love the brass stop tailpiece and what it does to the overall tone and sustain.

DanD

That's nice :salude

I have been semi-actively watching for a nice Supreme. Some of the tops are so so, and I've seen more than a few where the backs blew the tops away.

Your Supreme looks well, supreme! :peace2

Big Al

That looks great!!!

I also prefer brass stop tails and top wrap.

Big Al

Oh I also have a machined steel TP that was on an old Les Paul that sounds nice.

mistersnappy

Nice! Ima see if a friend can send me a pic of his similar Lester.

OK, here it is. I think its the same?

ChuckDsLester_zps20047a9b.jpg

Last edited:

6950whead

Curious, are Supremes weight relieved or solid? What do they tend to weigh?

Black58

I could see how brass would help that guitar as it was originally built and is currently modded.

JeffBlue

Zamak (zinc-aluminum alloy) which all Gibson Les Paul bridges and stop tailpieces are made from, are just a cheap pot metal used for cutting costs. It would be better if the bridges and stop tailpieces were made of solid aluminum, steel, brass, bronze, anything that were of tonal value instead of zamak. Zamak sucks.

shred

The back looks great too... Very cool guitar :salude