• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

54 GT refin top or original?

alanb37

For Eddie Vegas in America read Rockkystar in the UK........both crooked.

Caveat emptor, always.....up the Forums, I say!!

B

Banker

You want guitar dealers outed?

BBC, Fake Britain show, Friday 5th December........solely about the Harrisons and Music Ground.

It will be available on iPlayer too.

abalonevintage

Dealers like Eddie Vegas etc. give the honest Dealers a bad name & need to be outed / stopped.

Is he really a "dealer" or just a guy with a computer.

I never took him for anything other than a dealer-wanna-be. :hmm :rofl

Pretty easy to be whatever you want in cyberspace.

ted149

BBC, Fake Britain show, Friday 5th December........solely about the Harrisons and Music Ground.

Oh, I shall look forward to that!

RAG7890

Fair call Eric, I agree but it is not a laughing matter IMHO. :)

For everyone of us on either Forum that knows, there are heaps out there in Music Land around the Globe, that see him as a potential supplier of Parts, Guitars, Amps etc. etc.

How does a person on the other side of the Globe or Country for that matter stop by any Dealer, Bricks & Mortar or no Bricks & Mortar.

In view of this, steps need to be taken as & when to make sure he & others for that matter do not dupe innocent buyers who do not have our knowledge.

I am sure you'd be the first to agree. I do recall you telling me about several Dealers in the US to stay away from (which I do appreciate). :)

FWIW, I get reamed to the tune of $39,000 by a Bricks & Mortar Dealer, with extensive history.....................one that I am sure is known to many here & no one ever said a freaking thing on any Forum. After I got reamed several said "oh didn't you know he was a crook?"

:dang.......................I do now. :laugh2:

Just saying mate. I despise dishonest people just waiting to take someone for a ride. Something should have been said & then Dave (who is very straight BTW) who bought this from Eddie Vegas may not have taken a major haircut.

Cheers, Rudi

barks mckay

Awsome! Last deal I had with Justin was buying a 1968 Telecaster Custom in 2008. He was really annoyed at the level of checks we requested. Interestingly he was also moaning about the cease and desist letters from Phil Taylor to stop Music Ground linking David Gilmour to their Hiwatt's.

ourmaninthenorth

Fair call Eric, I agree but it is not a laughing matter IMHO. :)

For everyone of us on either Forum that knows, there are heaps out there in Music Land around the Globe, that see him as a potential supplier of Parts, Guitars, Amps etc. etc.

How does a person on the other side of the Globe or Country for that matter stop by any Dealer, Bricks & Mortar or no Bricks & Mortar.

In view of this, steps need to be taken as & when to make sure he & others for that matter do not dupe innocent buyers who do not have our knowledge.

I am sure you'd be the first to agree. I do recall you telling me about several Dealers in the US to stay away from (which I do appreciate). :)

FWIW, I get reamed to the tune of $39,000 by a Bricks & Mortar Dealer, with extensive history.....................one that I am sure is known to many here & no one ever said a freaking thing on any Forum. After I got reamed several said "oh didn't you know he was a crook?"

:dang.......................I do now. :laugh2:

Just saying mate. I despise dishonest people just waiting to take someone for a ride. Something should have been said & then Dave (who is very straight BTW) who bought this from Eddie Vegas may not have taken a major haircut.

Cheers, Rudi

Rudi, $39,000 loss isn't a joke, genuinely sorry that happened to you.

There's a long running thread here called "exposing the evil doers" that has tried to address the very issues you've raised. Of course it has it's limitations, but it's a start, not least in identifying those that a) know what they're doing & b) play with a straight bat in doing it.

Despite the obvious and odious, I still believe the good guys out number the bandits...naive? of course. The reverse case scenario doesn't bear thinking about.

:peace2 :salude

JJ Blair

I dunno. I got into any deal expecting that either the seller is trying to get over, or that they may not have all the information. I've seen too much shit, and been had by people that I thought were my friends over the years. That's the reason I'm here, so that I can learn as much as possible, so I don't get hosed. That's more I important to me than knowing who the scumbags are.

And I really want to thank you guys for your generosity with knowledge. I was able to go into the situation of buying a Burst, with a high degree of confidence that I was getting the real deal, because of the information that we exchange here, etc.

Take notes, because there will be a test. And that test can be very expensive, if you fail!

abracadaben

The guy is a dealer. He has an online store with 4.4million views and an ebay store with 3200 feedbacks (positive BTW :-\).
He registered his domain in2006 and 80% of his website visitors are outside of USA. His mot popular keyword is Stratocaster.

But he is a dealer and makes obviously a good living of it.

Based on that I still think that he knew soldering weren't untouched etc...

Anyway, didn't want to make this a thread about him as I'm not best judge....

Last edited:

JBLPplayer

Great aging job on that regardless. Frankly I'm shocked that the guitar wasn't auctioned off one screw at a time... Viva Las Vegas! :dude:

Joe B