• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded?

ch willie

Mine is a 2005, not chambered (sonar is right). Mine has a 60s neck. Geez, I love it.

lespaulintheleatherchair.jpg

dknight16

Strange. I can read the words on the books normally, but somehow the guitar is backwards . . . . .

jtees4

$1250 is very reasonable right now assuming it is in good shape. I sold mine this week for $1575...and it was the chambered 50's neck...and clownburst:wah (actually luckily it was a very pretty orange...not the red/yellow ugly ones).

bern1

The Standard Faded was on Gibson's price sheet from 2005-2008.

Although not on the dealer list some 2009's were made.

The body was weight relieved until sometime in mid '06, when replaced with chambering. Gibson had the '09 spec's reverting back to weight relief, but...
Larry Corsa (CV guitars) was able to procure several 09's for the PG mods. He was convinced that at least some of the 09's were in fact chambered and not weight relieved.

50's & 60's profile necks were both available from '05-'07. '08 was available only with 50's profile.

Hope it helps.

Question: were these 50's and 60's neck profiles similar to those being produced today?
Thanks.

Idge

Chambering in '06 and before Faded's.
3-2-1.jpg

Chambering in '07 Faded's.
LP20BFG.jpg

UpperBout.jpg

BridgePUP.jpg

Cloud 9.
146632.jpg

WTF

holyerLP.jpg

sonar

Question: were these 50's and 60's neck profiles similar to those being produced today?
Thanks.

Gibson neck profiles are all over the place, with the 60's varying more than 50's. So I guess similar in regards to literature, but even two 60's (or 50's) necks made on the same day can be noticeably different.

bern1

ok, thanks. I'm looking for a 60's so that's good to know...

jerns

Hi guys,
I'm new here but have always used this site for Les Paul info..
Just bought my first Gibson (LP Standard Faded Honetburst) and I'm thrilled with it. It has the 50's neck which I was going to try and avoid in my hunt for my first Gibson, but when I actually played it I fell in love. It's not the enormous fatty that I had pictured it to be....
If you typically like a slim neck don't let the 50's style scare you away!
I have to mention that I bought this guitar for $900 (9.5/10 condition IMO) from a guy who bought it brand new on an impulse, and doesn't even play guitar! Serial #s checked out so I snapped it up!
The top has some very gnarly figuring and the perfectionists who only love a symetrical top will probably call it ugly, but I LOVE it and think the strange pattern makes it look kind of aged and unique...
I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how...

sonar

Hi guys,
I'm new here but have always used this site for Les Paul info..
Just bought my first Gibson (LP Standard Faded Honetburst) and I'm thrilled with it. It has the 50's neck which I was going to try and avoid in my hunt for my first Gibson, but when I actually played it I fell in love. It's not the enormous fatty that I had pictured it to be....
If you typically like a slim neck don't let the 50's style scare you away!
I have to mention that I bought this guitar for $900 (9.5/10 condition IMO) from a guy who bought it brand new on an impulse, and doesn't even play guitar! Serial #s checked out so I snapped it up!
The top has some very gnarly figuring and the perfectionists who only love a symetrical top will probably call it ugly, but I LOVE it and think the strange pattern makes it look kind of aged and unique...
I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how...

Welcome!

jerns

Thanks sonar! Happy to be here with all you knowledgeable guitar wizards...

jerns

Beautiful top on that one! Did you replace the neck pup or just add the cover?
Now I have to ask the ultimate noob question... How do I post pics? It's asking for a URL so do I have to upload to a third party like photobucket first? No way to upload right off my hard drive?

Sorry in advance, take it easy on me I'm new here...