• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New to me TV DC Junior

les strat

Did some horse trading this weekend and ended up with a 2012 TV yellow DC Junior. It's actually a BJA model with the signed pickguard, but it sports a tort. I don't care either way for Greenday, but a good Junior is a good Junior.

It has been plekked and bone nut added, RS 500/250K kit and .022 cap. Pickup is a Fralin 8K. Also came with a new HS case and a Graphtech ResoMax bridge, which I promptly removed and reinstalled the stock tailpiece.

Compared to my 2004 production SC Junior, it's definitely not as resonant or aggressive, but a cool guitar in it's own right.

The TV yellow is transparent, but not as overdone as the Historics, which IMO are a little more than the vintage ones I have played. The pickup and bridge are closer together more like the '54-'56 Juniors.

I think this might be an axe I set the action high for as a primary slide guitar.

RNELEE

Nice Guitar. I have a MM Maker that I leave in open D. Been that way for some 7 years.

ZZ Not

I like the look of that guitar, very nice. Where did you pick up that pguard or did it come on the guitar? Thinking about a different guard for my junior.

les strat

Nice Guitar. I have a MM Maker that I leave in open D. Been that way for some 7 years.

I had one of the Melody Makers from 2004 or so that had the single P90. That was one of the most resonant guitars ever, and I foolishly sold it to fund another guitar that is also long gone I'm sure, lol.

I find myself reaching for the P90 guitars a lot more often than my CS strat and R8. This is my other Junior from 2004.

Jr_zps888885ec.jpg

sonar

I had one of the Melody Makers from 2004 or so that had the single P90. That was one of the most resonant guitars ever, and I foolishly sold it to fund another guitar that is also long gone I'm sure, lol.

I find myself reaching for the P90 guitars a lot more often than my CS strat and R8. This is my other Junior from 2004.

Jr_zps888885ec.jpg

That era Jr. is a real sleeper, specifically the glossy model.

zombiwoof

Didn't some of those era Juniors have P100 or H100 stacked coil humbucking (noiseless) P90-type pickups instead of real P90's?. I know that at one point they were putting the stacked coil versions in some of the Juniors and Specials.

Al

les strat

Single P-90 guitars rock.
Yes they do :dude:

I totally agree. I had another 2004 that I sold to fund another (I know most here know that too well), and have missed it ever since, so I bought the other SC a couple years ago.

That's nice! Congrats.

Stunning, simply stunning!!! :wow

Thanks both!

Didn't some of those era Juniors have P100 or H100 stacked coil humbucking (noiseless) P90-type pickups instead of real P90's?. I know that at one point they were putting the stacked coil versions in some of the Juniors and Specials.

Al

It was back when they did the ABR-type bridge in the 90's if I recall.

When the vintage (tobacco) sunburst ones came out (MF exclusive I think), they were P90's for sure - ~8.2K with hum, and really good pickups. Of course I replaced the pots in the SC with 500K & 250K CTS and added a .022 Vitamin Q cap. From 2000-2002, they had the slanted tailpiece, but moved to the lightning bar in 2003 on till the MF deal ended. They stopped production for a year or so, then brought out the faded finishes until recently. My 2004 has "Junior" instead of "model" on the headstock. All of them have "Model" now, minus the Historics.

Like I said, not a BJA fan, don't really hate him either, but this is a good guitar that I will be able to get my money back on plus a good bit extra down the road if I ever sell. Apparently, there were way less of these made than the SC ones made form 2006 on.