• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Memphis 2013 '59 and '63

Pe.Eng15

My new Memphis VOS 2013 '59 ES 335 and Memphis VOS 2013 Anniversary '63 ES 335. Both great guitars. I know I'm gonna get some flack but I'm putting the short pick guard on the '59.
That's the way I like it so it's staying for now. Here are some pics.

Guitar Whiskey

Both extremely nice examples. The short guard on the dot and cherry color both remind me of a real 1961.

lonesomesheik

Great!!! How much for the long pickguard? my 335 L.C. is dying for one!!!!
:jim:jim:jim:jim

Nitefly

Nice. There is just something about ESs that are very pleasing to the eye. Oh and the tone ain't to shabby either. :teeth

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Congrats! :salude

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who's buyin' these things "two-at-a-time"... :peace2

renderit

I like it both ways. The long pickguard looks a little awkward though...

GotTheSilver

Awesome! Congrats!

I love the grain on the red one. Looks like rippling waves! :yah

Guitar Whiskey

Well the red one has the +63 ears so of course it would have a short guard. To be correct, now the dot neck has a short guard, it needs to have the switch tip replaced with a white one and the knobs replaced with reflectors, and probably the tuners replaced with double rings (no pics of the headstock) to be period correct. Anyway it looks great as it is and I would be happy to own an axe this beautiful.

J.D.

Well the red one has the +63 ears so of course it would have a short guard. To be correct, now the dot neck has a short guard, it needs to have the switch tip replaced with a white one and the knobs replaced with reflectors, and probably the tuners replaced with double rings (no pics of the headstock) to be period correct. Anyway it looks great as it is and I would be happy to own an axe this beautiful.

+1

Nice looking guitars nonetheless :jim

Ryan Givhan

im a fan of no guard first. but if you need one,i think the long guards look way better

1jamman

Great looking top on the '63 Anni . You like the short PG , good for you . Make it yours . Those '59 Memphis are great guitars , imo . If I could get 1 with slim neck , I be all set . and have both finishes .

Your '63 has a fine looking top on her . A plain top with a good grain pattern is just as special as any great figured Maple top . If they only made them in Blond I would have bought it already .