• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2014 Lemonburst R9...

Soulweb

For that kind of scratch, I'd have to play it first and it would have to blow my socks off... The problem is, Mark's place is 6+ hours from me... :dang

I'm not sure what your transportation situation is, but it's worth the trip. I drove 3 hours to get to Mark's. The car thermometer read 102 degrees outside while I was stuck on route 1 on the way back. ...I was chauffeur for a 2013 R9 so I was happy though. ;)

I know a lot of the guys here own many Historics. I just don't have that kind of money. Never will so long as I have a kid under the roof. I have purcahsed guitars in this price range (and up) in the past (single life). Buyers remorse is a fearful thing. I remember searching for a JP #2, forking over good money for it, and then getting it. "well it's cool, but the neck...ugh." That wasn't the only time either.

So, though it might be a day long trip all the way around, for that kind of money I would say it's worth it. You want to know that it's not just looks.

Having bought a historic from Mark, I can say he is a very kind, knowledgeable, and friendly salesman. No pressure. it's not Guitar Center in there. It's nothing but good stuff. If he is still in the same location then it's on a non-busy road in a woody area. No Boston nonsense, parking, BS.

He had a LOT to choose from, though I did end up buying the guitar I was driving there for in the first place. I can say that his descriptions are very accurate. Though, you also have to be sure you know what you're looking for. Not everyone likes what they think they will like (if that makes sense).

Take a day, leave early, and you'll be home before bed. And you will have no doubt that you got the guitar you wanted. For a day's worth of driving you can eliminate any and all uncertainty and doubt - and for a guitar in that price range it's definitely something to consider.

In any case, I wish you best of luck! If I was rich, or not a parent at least, I'd have more Gibson children myself.

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what your transportation situation is, but it's worth the trip. I drove 3 hours to get to Mark's. The car thermometer read 102 degrees outside while I was stuck on route 1 on the way back. ...I was chauffeur for a 2013 R9 so I was happy though. ;)

I know a lot of the guys here own many Historics. I just don't have that kind of money. Never will so long as I have a kid under the roof. I have purcahsed guitars in this price range (and up) in the past (single life). Buyers remorse is a fearful thing. I remember searching for a JP #2, forking over good money for it, and then getting it. "well it's cool, but the neck...ugh." That wasn't the only time either.

So, though it might be a day long trip all the way around, for that kind of money I would say it's worth it. You want to know that it's not just looks.

Having bought a historic from Mark, I can say he is a very kind, knowledgeable, and friendly salesman. No pressure. it's not Guitar Center in there. It's nothing but good stuff. If he is still in the same location then it's on a non-busy road in a woody area. No Boston nonsense, parking, BS.

He had a LOT to choose from, though I did end up buying the guitar I was driving there for in the first place. I can say that his descriptions are very accurate. Though, you also have to be sure you know what you're looking for. Not everyone likes what they think they will like (if that makes sense).

Take a day, leave early, and you'll be home before bed. And you will have no doubt that you got the guitar you wanted. For a day's worth of driving you can eliminate any and all uncertainty and doubt - and for a guitar in that price range it's definitely something to consider.

In any case, I wish you best of luck! If I was rich, or not a parent at least, I'd have more Gibson children myself.

I hear ya... Transportation is not a problem, time is...

Thanks man! It'll work out... I f not now, then later... Like they say, "You don't buy a guitar with your eyes, you buy it with your ears and hands"...

:salude

Bobby Lee

Southern Sage
Are you telling me that I'd have to be crazy to buy this thing??? :wah :ganz:rofl

I know, I KNOW... I'm outta CONTROL... :##

Just one more.... and you will be set ?? :rofl :rofl I've got a friend like that .....

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Just one more.... and you will be set ?? :rofl :rofl I've got a friend like that .....

I hear ya brother... And I keep tellin' that guy, "You do know that those things come in other colors, right? :rofl

HeeBGB

Kenny, When you mentioned this to me you didn't tell me how nice it was. I should have known if you were lookin at it that it would be too nice.

You don't want that.....you NEED that!

rufes

Formerly dmartinez
I need to try a guitar before buying it. Despite how beautiful it is, It can talk to you or not.

ChevChelios

I can say that his descriptions are very accurate.

I second that. I bought 2 Historics from Mark so far and the descriptions were spot on.

Also, most of the guitar he sells are actually new (they are just sold as "as new") or as good as new. You could also visit you next Guitarcenter, pay $6300 + taxes ... and end up with a less beautiful (and/or good) guitar. Mark's a nice guy to deal with, no BS, straight business.