• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson "Fool" SG?

MWR

Hi Everyone......I happened to stop in a GC while on the road and in their "vault" they had what looked to be a Historic Reissue "Fool" SG like the one that Clapton played in Cream. It was in a glass case and I did not get a thorough inspection but it looked pretty darn good. Did Gibson offer this at any point, if they did I do not remember seeing it advertised. I have to say I was very tempted but if I remember correctly it had a $5K price tag.

63sg

Probably one of the many hand painted Historic, or 61 SG Reissues from either that shop in New England or that guy in Las Vegas...Ed Roman, is that his name? There are also some Epi SG's done like that and some Japanese imports done on Schecter's from what I understand, too.

And this one...:wow

foolsg1.07.5.jpg

RE301

'...and some Japanese imports done on Schecter's from what I understand, too.'

Those would be budget line ESP's.

Tonebender

Fabgear would be one Jeff Levenson. He's the guy that did Boz' and Minz FOOL SG's. He also did my Page Dragon Tele. Jeff's as good as they come and alot cheaper then Murphy for the same work.

RocknTommy

Fabgear would be one Jeff Levenson. He's the guy that did Boz' and Minz FOOL SG's. He also did my Page Dragon Tele. Jeff's as good as they come and alot cheaper then Murphy for the same work.

Would like to see a pic of the tele:)

Tonebender

I'll have to see if Jeff still has the shots he took of mine. Looks liked I might have deleted them somewhere along the way. I'll put `em up tonight if I can.

MWR

Wow.....that looks awesome. What model SG is that? Is it a historic model?

pit_s_xroad

stumbled across this pic... the neck has been stripped off at some point of time...

claptonearly1_clip_image017.jpg

:salude PIT...

redb

How do you guys find out about people like Jeff? Or any ghostbuilder for that matter, I havent had any luck tracking most of them down, do you just send them an email after seeing their stuff online or have you met them at shows?

TheMiz

How do you guys find out about people like Jeff? Or any ghostbuilder for that matter, I havent had any luck tracking most of them down, do you just send them an email after seeing their stuff online or have you met them at shows?

Found him right HERE on LPF

Cream Fan

stumbled across this pic... the neck has been stripped off at some point of time...

claptonearly1_clip_image017.jpg

:salude PIT...

That was done almost immediately after the guitar was painted by the Fool, right after the first photo shoot.