• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kosta Kovachev

Does anyone know what has become of burst collector Kosta Kovachev? He found and bought many bursts years ago but I never seem to hear of him in today's vintage market. Did he take those bursts to another planet or what? Where has he gone? Does anyone know Kosta personally?

He used to call me weekly looking for V's and Burst in the mid 90s. He got out of the Burst market in late 90s when Wall Street called in their markers. Haven't heard a peep from him since.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
He called a few times, and even dropped by last year. I think he is working out of Dallas, although I didn't understand his business. Something to do with resort properties, I think.
He enjoyed looking at a Burst again ;)

Nelson F

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Most of his Bursts went to Bethseda MD.. & he is in Florida now ..

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
His job brought him to Branson a few times, a resort area near me.
He might have flown to Dallas on business, and drove up here.
Or, I could just be :nut

Nelson F

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
TW59 said:
His job brought him to Branson a few times, a resort area near me.
He might have flown to Dallas on business, and drove up here.
Or, I could just be :nut

Tom i guess your right. But a good friend of mine is Costas Rabbi'
so thats how i heard hes in Florida"

Xpensive Wino

Is this the guy?

dreier090403_2_250.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/31/dreier-broker-idUSN3123482420100331

RAB

I recall seeing Kosta's "Ultraburst" at the Prune Music Guitar Show circa 1971in Mill Valley, CA...it remains to this day the finest looking Burst I've ever seen...I say "seen" because Kosta wasn't letting anyone touch it...infact he didn't want anyone to even look at it (ha, ha...recalling the Spinal Tap remark)...super, evenly distributed "ribbon" flame, gorgeous fairly dark Burst and near mint condition. Oh yeah, the Burst carried the outrageous asking price of $3500, this when your average Burst was going for around $2500...Now where is that missing nebulizer tube for my time machine? Hmmm...setting dial for 1963 when this Burst could likely be had for $150!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Now where is that missing nebulizer tube for my time machine? Hmmm...setting dial for 1963 when this Burst could likely be had for $150!

Not a good idea.
You might get Pearly or Jimmy Page's Number 1 and upset the whole Burst world. :ganz

goldtop0

Just whatever you do don't let DZ get a hold of the machine.....none of you guys would have any:dang

RAB

Not a good idea.
You might get Pearly or Jimmy Page's Number 1 and upset the whole Burst world. :ganz

Good point Tom...don't want to unintentionally change Rock N' Roll history! :peace2