• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

BREAKING NEWS: ES-335 Historics are gone...

T

Troels

ES-335 Historics are gone...at least untill someone finds it and tells me it's not.

Maybe I'm blind... or maybe I don't understand how Gibsons new homepage works... but if I'm not blind and if I do know how to navigate on their web - then there is no longer a guitar coming out of Nashville called an ES-335 Historic - being it a dot neck or a '63.

Go to www.gibson.com and check it. I'm afraid I'm not wrong!!

I've been thru all the pages and clicked all possible buttons each one on its own and in combinations of three - and it's not there. Even typing "historic" in the search machine won't help and neither will chosing ES, USA Custom and Vintage Specs. in combination....

It's NOT THERE!

Dire Wolf

I guess we need to call Gibson to confirm that. That would be a bummer if they were discontinued!

MRTONEMAN

They are just redoing their website and the 335 webpage is not up yet, so they won't post a dead link. :salude

T

Troels

They are just redoing their website and the 335 webpage is not up yet, so they won't post a dead link. :salude

I don't think they would release a website that wasn't ready for it... and all the other 335s are there. I think it's strange... You be might right anyway as there is a link called 50th Anniversary - but nothing comes up when you click on it. They probably wouldn't make such a button if the guitar was discontinued.

And... yes in the blog it looks like it's there (at least at namm) - but it may be a special order in the future???
Not a word on the blog like about the Les Pauls...

Time will show - but it's not exactly good communication if it's there and it's just a matter of an unfinished page...

Last edited:

Joe Desperado

Quiet a few other guitars are not up yet either....its the launching of the site not a change in products...

Dire Wolf

I just checked the website. Lots of 335's but no Historics; this doesn't look good!

L

loufed52

Maybe they're re-thinking the whole 335 thing.

Why should there be a Custom and a Historic?

There can't be much cost difference in manufacturing them.

They surely don't sound much different with equal hardware.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have 1 regular version of the 335 and then model year specific versions like the block neck?

Maybe few people can justify a $2k difference from the Custom to the Historic, and maybe the sales reflect that.

It sure as hell doesn't cost $2k more to build a Historic.

J.D.

Maybe they're re-thinking the whole 335 thing.

Why should there be a Custom and a Historic?

There can't be much cost difference in manufacturing them.

They surely don't sound much different with equal hardware.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have 1 regular version of the 335 and then model year specific versions like the block neck?

Maybe few people can justify a $2k difference from the Custom to the Historic, and maybe the sales reflect that.

It sure as hell doesn't cost $2k more to build a Historic.

Well along those lines, it doesn't really cost any more to make a 50th R9 than a plaintop R8 :hmm

L

loufed52

Well along those lines, it doesn't really cost any more to make a 50th R9 than a plaintop R8 :hmm

The R9 vs. R8 price differential has been insane for a long time.

It was ridiculous when they were building flame top R8's too- $600-$800 retail difference for essentially the same guitar with a thinner neck.

shuie

I can't believe they still make a 335 at all. It's got to be one of the most expensive guitars in the catalog to mass produce.

CocoTone

Les Paul Froum Member
You see the MSRP for the 50th Historic?? 8500 clams,,,I want a woman thrown in to boot!

CT.

Buffaloe

All Access/Backstage Pass
I can't believe they still make a 335 at all. It's got to be one of the most expensive guitars in the catalog to mass produce.

Not if you've ever watched them make one.

shuie

Well, I have seen the making of the Crossroads 335 video :) It's certainly more complicated than slapping a Les Paul together.

jb_abides

Navigating the new page is a 2-step process... With:
=> Body Style = ES
=> Brands = Gibson Custom Shop

I still see 6 Custom Shop 3x5s... what do you think is missing?

:salude

Last edited: