• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Any info on Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy's Deluxe?

PLarson

All I know that it is a sunburst Deluxe, maybe 1972/73 that he routed and put PAFs in it. He calls it "Old hag", and still plays it. I read that he had a 1956 LPC, that he sold because he thought the Deluxe sounded better. Anyone heard abut this?

Hardrockmapletop

From what I can gather, the Black Custom was a 1960 model (although some speculate it was an early '70's model) and was stolen. Around the same time, 1977 ish, Brian's tech installed 59 Pafs in the Deluxe.
I was 14 when Live and Dangerous came out, and I remember most of the photos on the double album sleeve of Brian were with a black Custom, not the Deluxe

PLarson

I've been looking at the "Live 'n Dangerous" sleeve and doesn't the head look kind of large on that black beauty?

thin sissy

Speaking of the deluxe, someone (maybe on this forum?) said it has been stolen, does anyone have any info on this?

In the recent vids I've seen of Robbo he's been using another LP, maybe a classic?

Mats A

All I know that it is a sunburst Deluxe, maybe 1972/73 that he routed and put PAFs in it. He calls it "Old hag", and still plays it. I read that he had a 1956 LPC, that he sold because he thought the Deluxe sounded better. Anyone heard abut this?
I know this is an old thread but it´s the Auld Bitch not the Old Hag.

bigomw

I bought a '78 Custom that had been changed to cream plastics because of this picture which basically got ingrained into my conciousness from the age of about 7. Mine has pickup covers though that I've never had the nerve to remove......!

kips2

I bought a '78 Custom that had been changed to cream plastics because of this picture which basically got ingrained into my conciousness from the age of about 7. Mine has pickup covers though that I've never had the nerve to remove......!

Same here. I used to own this Custom until a few years ago...

IMG_0969.jpg
[/URL]