• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

"Ret It Go"...

Minibucker

Can we post funny French accents here too, or is this thread only for making fun of Asians? Just wanna make sure. ;-)

Ryan Givhan

feel free to post some stupid white americans, i wont care!

Last edited:

Minibucker

feel free to post some stupid white americans, i wont get butt hurt!

From the department of redundancy department.

:spabout

Anyone remember that Brazillian rendition of Heartbreaker from a few years back?

Last edited:

toxpert

wish I had a recording of this one....I grew up in the south.

My wife-to-be learned to speak English on the east coast and in Germany...and then finished university in Texas where we met.

While in the student infirmary, the nurse asked her if she had paid yet. My wife owed nothing at that point and responded 'no'. The nurse came back several times and repeated the question --> "Have you paid yet ?". Each time my wife-to-be responded "no".

The nurse finally started to get grumpy and went over to the sink in the room, picked up the urine cup, waved it in the air and said "Honey, y'all gotta pay in this 'ere cup".

Gotta love those accents...they make us what we are...:dude:

goldtop0

Had this Englishman from Yorkshire ask me a few years ago 'A you got anee sorh' which I took to mean.......... Have you got any salt.....when in fact he was asking...Have you got any soap.
We're all different with our accents for sure:lol

Just thinking about it I think he was a Geordie and not a Yorkshireman..

Last edited:

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
For the record... I think that intent is the important thing here, and my intent was NOT to "make fun of", or disrespect ANY group of people... Sometimes funny is just funny...

RevPearly

wish I had a recording of this one....I grew up in the south.

My wife-to-be learned to speak English on the east coast and in Germany...and then finished university in Texas where we met.

While in the student infirmary, the nurse asked her if she had paid yet. My wife owed nothing at that point and responded 'no'. The nurse came back several times and repeated the question --> "Have you paid yet ?". Each time my wife-to-be responded "no".

The nurse finally started to get grumpy and went over to the sink in the room, picked up the urine cup, waved it in the air and said "Honey, y'all gotta pay in this 'ere cup".

Gotta love those accents...they make us what we are...:dude:

Reminds me of a story a friend told me. His father was in the hospital and though Dad was well into his 80s and sick he still had an eye for the ladies. A young female nurse had been taking care of him and came in with a urine specimen cup and said "I need some urine". He didn't hear very good so he said "do what". She replied "I want some urine". He replied "well I been wantin some of yourin too but I didn't know how to ask you for it"......something about the Southern accent that somehow makes this make sense.:jim

I think we all need to be able to laugh at ourselves first, and be able to laugh "with" others and not "at" them if they will be offended.

Minibucker

I remember back in the 90's, I was at sushi restaurant, and I had a tough time eating because the party at the next table kept talking about Bill Clinton's erection.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
True story:
Driving down the road w/a couple Tarheel buddies in Stanly County, NC & the one in the front seat rolls down his window. He says "That air bother you, Jimmy?"
Jimmy looks up from the back seat, puzzled, & replies "That 'ere what?"

lanman

My family is from Jugoslavia and my mom has an accent. She had 5 boys. One day we were going somewhere with all of us in the car and we got lost. 1972 green Ford LTD convertible. Mom looks like a 50's movie star with the scarf head-gear, Jackie Onassis sun glasses, floral skirt and 4" heels with 5 boys (no seat belts) loaded down. She pulls into a gas station (full service back then) and frantically tells the attendant that she needs a "mop". "Ma'mm, we don't have mops here". My mom angrily goes back and forth with the guy..."what do you mean you don't have a mop....all gas stations have mops. Let me talk to the owner!" The owner comes over...."Ma'mm, your gonna have to go to the drug store to get a mop". Like a movie. One of the funniest moments of my life.

Pat Boyack

This old farmer is pulled over by a Sheriff's deputy.

When the deputy gets up to the truck he asks, "Got any I.D.?"

The farmer replies, "'Bout what?"

Black58

For the record... I think that intent is the important thing here, and my intent was NOT to "make fun of", or disrespect ANY group of people... Sometimes funny is just funny...

Agreed. .. If man doesn't stop takin' himself SO seriously,
as of lately,
he's gonna be REALLY fuckin' sorry. :ganz