• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Another Peter Green Faded from CV Guitars

MelMann

A few weeks ago I received my new Peter Green tribute Faded Les Paul from CV. I can't say enough about how nice the guitar is, and how great the service from CV was. If anyone is thinking of a faded, do yourself a favor and check out their website before you buy.

I've had a second faded for about a year (also with a flipped magnet) but the one from CV really sounds superior to it. Probably the combination of new pots/wiring and parts. The CV guitar was fantastic at a gig and for recording. I haven't owned a LP that sounds better (including vintage and plenty of Custom Shop/Historic models). And yes, that scale really does say 6 pounds, 10 ounces!

Try this link for pics and sound files:

http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/LCPG-78/

plonky17

Larry really knows how to refine a great guitar.

I can't speak highly enough about Larry's service or his product.

Now is Gibson made a Peter Green reissue, they would certainly have to work hard to make them anywhere near as good as Larry does.

Cheers

Grant

CharlieS

How'd I miss that one? That is great looking! I bought one from him in October which also weighs 6 lbs. 10 oz. Really a nice sounding and playing guitar. It's easy on the back also.

MelMann

It's true, my aging back loves this guitar. I already like the fadeds, but Larry's work puts it in a whole new class. His mod package is well thought out and really adds up as a whole. I told him I'm either going to sell my other faded or maybe send it to him for this same upgrade package. After all, now I need a backup, right? :salude

Jurius

There ya go MelMann.

Does it look like a player straight out of the case?

Does the neck feel better than any new guitar you've ever picked up?

Have you ever played a more guitar that found your amp this responsive?

Does it smell better than any guitar you've ever played?:2cool

Mine's in the car. We're gigging tonight and I can't wait!

Congrats. Very sweet looking.:salude

PaulSG

I think you all know by now, I'm a huge fan of the fine work Larry does to create these incredible sounding and playing instruments. (See avatar)

MelMann, you sure scored a beauty...:wail

D'Mule

A few weeks ago I received my new Peter Green tribute Faded Les Paul from CV. I can't say enough about how nice the guitar is, and how great the service from CV was. If anyone is thinking of a faded, do yourself a favor and check out their website before you buy.

I've had a second faded for about a year (also with a flipped magnet) but the one from CV really sounds superior to it. Probably the combination of new pots/wiring and parts. The CV guitar was fantastic at a gig and for recording. I haven't owned a LP that sounds better (including vintage and plenty of Custom Shop/Historic models). And yes, that scale really does say 6 pounds, 10 ounces!

Try this link for pics and sound files:

http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/LCPG-78/

I'm usually not a fan of the sunburst paint job they do on the Faded LPs, but I've got to say that faded burst is as nice a top as any I've seen. Congrats!:applaude

MelMann

Thanks guys. I thought I was a little past just sitting there staring at a guitar because it looks so nice, but I admit I've caught myself several times with this one! My other faded, though it also plays nicely and sounds nice, has an overdone cherry sunburst that I'm afraid borders on clown. But I figure I'm not looking at it while I'm playing.

I have to say that this particular one is the nicest playing Les Paul I've ever had. It's like Larry says, some of the conventional thinking on "good" features kind of goes out the window when I'm playing one of these. Way to go Gibson (and Larry too!) :applaude

dock44

I have #69 on hold waiting for it to get finished up. This will be my first Gibson. I own a few Agile copies which are really quite startling for their price but I can finally own the real thing and can't wait to get it.

And ditto on Larry's kindness and service...top notch all the way!

PaulSG

I have #69 on hold waiting for it to get finished up. This will be my first Gibson. I own a few Agile copies which are really quite startling for their price but I can finally own the real thing and can't wait to get it.

And ditto on Larry's kindness and service...top notch all the way!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you never pick up one of those Agiles again after you get #69 home.

:salude

dock44

Well I'm selling a few off as we speak........my personal set limitation on too many guitars in the house. :)

plonky17

I put the pickguard on my second LCPG.

I like pickguards but left it off the one that plays the best.

Cheers

Grant
tag2012-1.jpg

Jurius

I don't have the pick guard on mine because I don't like the way the pick guard looks. Mine's pinkish.:wah

I've been looking for my old 70's LP pick guard that I kept when I sold the guitar. If I find it, I'll put that on.

I use a guard as a crutch. I'm hoping if I leave the guard off long enough, I'll get past this bad habit.

B

B-Squared

Dude--if I ever got the chance to play the original I'd be so nervous my hands would feel like I had mittens on... :)

It would hard to get past the knowledge of who's played this guitar...I'd be freaking out, with a dumb-@ss smile on my face. lol.

BB

BB

PaulSG

Dude--if I ever got the chance to play the original I'd be so nervous my hands would feel like I had mittens on... :)

It would hard to get past the knowledge of who's played this guitar...I'd be freaking out, with a dumb-@ss smile on my face. lol.

BB

BB

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

My palms were sweating watching Larry and Tom... :lol