• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Are the higher end Les Paul's with the moterized tuners selling?

zekmoe

I've seen some over $3000 new les Paul's with the robotic tuners( new version), and wondered if anyone knows if they're selling, or dying on the shelves. I hear various hyperbole from forum users who say they'll never buy one , but have any dealers said that a potential buyer actually said no? They supposedly work well, though likely will not in 10 years, but have any early sales been less or turned elsewhere due to this add on?

zombiwoof

From what I've seen, almost all of the 2015 production Gibsons have some type of E-tune systems, which I think is ridiculous. This should be something that is offered only on certain models, not the whole line, as I don't think that many players want it. I hope they come to their senses and ditch that idea in the future.

Al

hank

All Access/Backstage Pass
They must have bought two train loads and are trying to use them up. Guitarists, for the most part, are old school.

Plus, those tuners are horrible and break down often.

dbone15

The one I played in GC would not get in tune and yes I was using it correctly and that wider neck is utterly unplayable.

Scott L

They must have bought two train loads and are trying to use them up. Guitarists, for the most part, are old school.

Plus, those tuners are horrible and break down often.

Gibson owns the company that produces the G-Tune device.

They are standard on all 2015 USA except for the Derek Trucks SG and the Firebird.

Until just the last few days, GC and sister companies are the only retailers with 2015s in stock.

Big Al

I checked one out on a Jr and it would not tune the B string. It should be an option, but it can be reversed and Klusons installed. I expect many will do just that. The wider neck felt fine.

58Lover

Gibson does not manufacture the G-Farce. They are built by Tronical (look them up)

Either way, they suck. I tried a DC Jr. and (a) the neck was unplayable (b) the fit & finish was good (c) the G-Farce was laughably unworkable. I tried it so many times, stretching the strings, having it retune... I could not have imagined that the entire line of USAs would be so utterly screwed up.

Personally I hope they choke on them. YRMV

emg32

I'm thinking the same thing. Just don't turn it on and tune it like you have always have.

I think the tuners have like a 40:1 ratio so tuning by hand would be a major pain.

Junk IMO that very few actually want and even if you like the concept it's bound to break sooner or later. From my experience they are very quirky and don't tune properly a lot of the time.

Not something I would want on my guitar if playing live.