• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Craig Chaquico's quest to get his stolen '59 Gibson Sunburst Les Paul guitar back

jimmi

No clear what the outcome was here. Cody states he has legal rights to the guitar. Why the condolences? Is he having to sell it because of legal bills?

BURSTGANG

Talk about injustice:bigal.....................win the battle and lose the war. How the hell is THIS right? You owned the guitar to begin with then you have to defend yourself and your ownership of your guitar only to lose it in the end due to having prove it WAS yours all along..I'm very sorry to hear that you have to let it go..............your home or a prized guitar................. it is a choice you should not have to be making.

Wally

It is too bad that the 'plaintiff' in the legal proceedings....CC....did not have to pay Cody's legal fees. IF there had been the reality that those legal fees would have been his load to bear if he lost, he might have hired another set of lawyers to give him advice about the advice that he was getting from the lawyers who handled this suit. ??? Hey, wouldn't it be interesting if both the plaintiff and the plaintiff's lawyers had to share that monetary responsibility for the defendant's legal costs in such cases? That would give lawyers some pause before they started billing hours in a baseless and therefor frivolous lawsuit such as this. They would have asked him if he had received reimbursement for the loss of the guitar. End of case.

Cody, I feel for you in your situation.

troyvod

On the plus side, maybe Cody can buy an Ibanez Double neck a Yamaha SG, a BC rich and some amps with the proceeds....

Hope you find another Les Paul for less cash that plays even better.

Mars Hall

There are not words enough to express my level of disgust in reading that Cody will still not be able to enjoy his guitar. Someone should start a "go fund me" on his behalf, so he can keep his guitar.

Pellman73

On the plus side, maybe Cody can buy an Ibanez Double neck a Yamaha SG, a BC rich and some amps with the proceeds....

Hope you find another Les Paul for less cash that plays even better.

Exactly.

this is one (of many) aspects of it that is just such horseshit. The guy got the insurance money for fair market value. He could have gotten another burst (confirmed by TW that they were gettable back then) and the crap that he bought w all that money spoke volumes about how much having a Les paul really meant to the guy at the time.

Cody

I much appreciate the sympathy - it helps, believe me - but I'd have to draw the line at some kind of crowd funding on my behalf. As sad as I may find my situation, it doesn't rise to the level of disaster.

I have friends and acquaintances who have gone the crowd funding route due to having insane medical bills, or are facing eviction or foreclosure - I face having to sell what is, let's face it, a luxury item. It hurts, it sucks, and your sympathy helps... but I can't take your money.

TomGuitar

My hat is off to you Cody. Your close friends and family are lucky people to have you. :salude

J.D.

+1

I also tip my hat to Charlie, John, Tom, and the handful of others here who helped Cody navigate this situation. I don't know the half of it, but my perception and belief is that we have some really good people here.

marfen

Maybe Harry will have enough left over for a PAF goldtop...cuz once you ride that 50s LP train it's damn hard to get off.

mingus

Harry, my heart breaks over this situation. This is definitely NOT what it's all supposed to be about.

When the situation arises where you need a burst, I will gladly loan you mine. :salude

JIMI55LP

It seams like if the case was found in favor of Cody legally owning the property that Craig would be liable for Cody's legal expense?? What I don't know about LAW, you could write volumes on but isn't that how it works? I'm going thru a succession where my attorney says "if your challenged and found to be correct then the legal fees are owed by the challenger that lost". If this isn't correct, I'm not understanding where you could go to defend yourself against any giant firm defending a well to do client?

Reactions: kbp