• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2011 Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom Antique Natural

Thunder Dump

Compliments of Eddie's Guitars in St. Louis, MO. If you've been GASsing for one, this isn't going to help. Look away now.

clcu-46.jpg

clcu-45.jpg

clcu-43.jpg

clcu-42.jpg

clcu-35.jpg

clcu-21.jpg

clcu-20.jpg

clcu-17.jpg

clcu-13.jpg

clcu-24.jpg

Texas Blues

Beautiful guitar. I like everythang about it except the fret inlays, but I could live with them. Play it well.

Tweed335

Dude, beautiful guitar! I thought the Classic Antique was a limited run in 07-08, did they bring them back? Here's my 07 Classic Antique in Honey burst:

Les_Paul3.jpg

I love your natural finish though! What pup's does your come with?

Lindgren

Wow, what a beauty, incredible nice looking guitar. :dude:
Is it Baked Maple on this one? Look's very dark and beautyful, have you done something to the fretboard?

Thunder Dump

Dude, beautiful guitar! I thought the Classic Antique was a limited run in 07-08, did they bring them back? Here's my 07 Classic Antique in Honey burst:

I love your natural finish though! What pup's does your come with?

No, this is a Classic Custom in Antique Natural. It is not a redo of the Classic Antique (I also have an '07 CA in Honeyburst as well, shown here):

classicantique-3.jpg

The Classic Customs do come with the same '57/'57+ pickups like the Classic Antique, but the Classic Custom is weight-relieved whereas the Classic Antique is chambered. There are several other differences as well.

Thunder Dump

Is it Baked Maple on this one? Look's very dark and beautyful, have you done something to the fretboard?

Yes it is baked maple and I didn't do a thing to it. That's how it came out of the box. From what I've seen, most of the baked maple fretboards recently released are *significantly* darker than in the pictures on Gibson's website.

Damn, that's one sexy LPC.

How's the baked maple board? Is it closer in feel/response to ebony rather than rosewood (i.e. harder/snapier)???

Prof. Potts

Nice guitar. You sig line shows quite a collection. How does this new one compare with some of your others?

tdarian

I should have heeded your warning, Thunder Dump. This is a seriously GAS inducing guitar you've got there!

laterider

TD - I had to bump this thread as I really like this model. Now that you've had it a while, how's it going? Any more you can share, likes - dislikes???

I think the antique natural looks great - I also ran across these in creme - I'm a full of gas for one of these!!!