• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Neal Schon selling off his own Prototypes...

SealNYC

...this is interesting.

Seems odd, but I suppose he can't keep them all...
He sells a lot of guitars on this site.

Schon Sig Prototype sale

9801.jpg

levonhelmet

a les paul with a floyd rose ? he should light them on fire and smash them to pieces never mind selling them. :puke

treeofpain

The Floyd is bad enough, but the built-in wah circuit??? Ummm...no thanks.

Crunchyriff

treeofpain said:
The Floyd is bad enough, but the built-in wah circuit??? Ummm...no thanks.

I think the guitar is a refreshing take on the LP platform. It may not be "your bag", but I don't see Neal playing Teles or say a gretsch 6120... it's HIS 'thing'.

I could use a Floyd on a Lester in my collection, but I'd much rather have the original PRS trem.

Most of us will never get our own Signature Guitar....

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
It still is goofy looking. But hey- if you like it, that's cool too:lol

ScreaminG

Say what you want I have seen Neal 4 times and no matter what he straps on he can Rock with the best of them.

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
No doubt about that- remember those Ovation electrics he used to play? One of the first guitars I ever saw w/24 frets.

DMB70

The neck heel of these is about the only thing that seems like a good idea to me. That beeing said as many have pointed out, Neal is a pro & me, I'm just a hack with a couple nice geetars.

Cody

I'm no fan of decking out Les Pauls - they're beautiful the way they are - but featurewise, this one's right up my alley! I could do some damage with this one... I'd go with cream plastic, though.

:wail

grinder965

kinda like the fretboard inlays.....but I would also have the headstock inlay run in the same direction....east to west as opposed to north/south.

bvmjethead

I really like the heel but I don't care for any other "Neil" feature on those guitars.

levonhelmet

it's HIS 'thing'
apparently not, he's selling the one pictured in this thread...even he doesnt want one! :dude
I think this is the les paul i love to hate :wha ok I'll stop now...

Last edited:

EC1000

the only gibson I would like a floyd on is an explorer

and maybe a V

usc2k1

I can't imagine how this thing even sounds like a Les Paul.

On a side note -- has anyone heard Journey's "Greatest Hits Live" album that came out a few years back? It was recorded on the Frontiers tour w/ Steve Perry. One of the worst live albums I've ever heard. Neil's playing is especially bad -- horrible tone (sounds like he should be playing in a metal band), and he's really out of tune for most of it, especially on Faithfully. Plus the overall sound quality is awful. Don't get me wrong - Journey is one of my favorite bands, and I love Neil's playing, but this album never should have been released.

SteveLINY

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it wasn't $15K...LOL
That's the only sad part... There's not a LP in the world worth that kind of bread....
As for the Floyd...I love it. Much better than the 700000000000 regular LP's out there.
And I kinda dig the Sustainer...
All in all, a real nice guitar. And they play amazing...
IMHO
Steve

Magnum

He has been known to sell off quite a few of his personal guitars throughout the years. I like this take on the Les Paul but do not like the location of the mini toggles for the sustainer. That being said, I'm sure that they are exactly where he likes them.

Crunchyriff

usc2k1 said:
I can't imagine how this thing even sounds like a Les Paul.

On a side note -- has anyone heard Journey's "Greatest Hits Live" album that came out a few years back? It was recorded on the Frontiers tour w/ Steve Perry. One of the worst live albums I've ever heard. Neil's playing is especially bad -- horrible tone (sounds like he should be playing in a metal band), and he's really out of tune for most of it, especially on Faithfully. Plus the overall sound quality is awful. Don't get me wrong - Journey is one of my favorite bands, and I love Neil's playing, but this album never should have been released.

The newer "Escape Tour" DVD is MUCH better.
Go get it- You'll like it.