• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

post a video clip of you playing your Historic reissue

vintage58

Note that said clip doesn't have to be in front of an audience.... could be in the living room, whatever. Also, mainly interested in seeing humbucker-equipped Historics with figured tops (or, at the very least, sunbursts). Anyway, I thought it would be cool/fun/interesting to see all such clips "collected" in a single thread. :)

EDIT — It would be cool if everyone were to embed their clip into the thread. For YouTube clips, just click "Share" and then "Embed" on the YouTube page that has the clip, and it will give you the html code necessary to embed a video player into a post here. Then, if you switch the editor mode here on the LPF when you're posting (i.e., by clicking on the little "a/A" button in the upper right hand corner of the reply/post window), you just copy and paste the html from YouTube into the reply/post window. So, to use les strat's below-linked video as an example, the following text would be the text that you'd need to enter here on the LPF, in order to get the video to embed in a post:
lpf02.jpg

Last edited:

vintage58

That sounds great, thanks for posting. Funny that you mentioned about Angus — not having initially read that before watching that clip, I was about to ask what was with the shorts. Is that the BFVR on its own? What I mean is, were there any pedals in front of it? Sounded really good.

les strat

Thanks. I use a Visual Sound Jekyll/Hyde pedal in front of it to push it. I had the amp around 4 or 5, and the pedal just helps push it over a bit. I don't use a lot of effects, just the OD, a delay when needed, and a wah.

Last edited:

vintage58

Thanks. I use a Visual Sound Jekyll/Hyde pedal in front of it to push it a bit. I had the amp around 4 or 5, and the pedal just helps push it over a bit. I don't use a lot of effects, just the OD, a delay when needed, and a wah.
Well, the combination sounded real cool. To hear that sound, my first guess at the amp wouldn't have been BFVR.

les strat

Well, the combination sounded real cool. To hear that sound, my first guess at the amp wouldn't have been BFVR.

I have V1 pulled for a bit more break up, Mullards and RCA's in the rest. It works really well with a LP. :2zone

vintage58

Cool to know, thanks for the tip. I used to have a non-logo '64 BFVR with original black-and-gold Jensens and NOS 1950s tubes, which I sold for approximately $600.00 to a local guitar shop about 18 years ago. Biggest mistake I ever made....

les strat

Cool to know, thanks for the tip. I used to have a non-logo '64 BFVR with original black-and-gold Jensens and NOS 1950s tubes, which I sold for approximately $600.00 to a local guitar shop about 18 years ago. Biggest mistake I ever made....

I picked mine up for $800 about 5 years ago. It was reworked... cab had been damaged. Everything is original but the repro cab and reverb box. The gold label Jensens are still kicking. I just had to have a grounded cord put on it and added a Mullard rectifier tube and some others from bluesforstevie here on the forum.

Now, let's see some videos....:dude:

vintage58

Those were great, thanks for posting. I had to laugh at the last few seconds of the second video — you were sort of laying into the most screaming and/or climactic note of the solo, and then some old guy carrying a cake box walks directly through the frame practically at that exact point. Moments like this simply cannot be replicated [laughs]:

lpf01.jpg

....either way, your playing sounded terrific! :dude:

resha

Cool thread! This is me playing over two famous songs. :salude

<""<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wV9cgYdhxU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>"."

<""<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZSoPK-HEUOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>"."

les strat

<""<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wV9cgYdhxU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>"."

Great job! I notice you didn't play Izzy Stradlin's solo. Man, I always loved Izzy's parts. A lot of what people think is Slash is actually Izzy.

analogmike

The cameraman was pretty good so he mostly avoided me and showed Andy Powell and Jim Weider. My party at my house last month :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVSp4mhuSiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My guitar, worst angle possible ('99 R9) :

IMG_0121.jpg

capitalbear

<""<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wV9cgYdhxU8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>"."

Your Nightrain really rocks!! :3zone:3zone:3zone