• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Les Paul on Pawn Stars Tonight at 9:00 CST

dlacx

Tulip tuners? Pancake body? Ski-jumping volute? Witch hats?

Looks like a Norlin!

Seoighs

Just watched...Seller tried to pitch a (beater) '60 LP Custom as a prize. As soon as the case was opened, you could tell it was a garden variety mid-70's Custom, sandwich body, volute and all...and beat to crap at that.

Amazingly, the Seller acted 'surprised and disappointed' that it wasn't as he described!

It was fun to watch, however...thanks for the heads up.

Seoighs

Did they 'bring in an expert' who actually knew what he was talking about?

Yeah..a local Vegas guy...knew right away, but he was kinder than the git (or seller) deserved....Pawn Shop owner still offered Seller $2k for it (he came in asking $25k).

MapleFlame

Toured with Triump and Toto????? what morons to think this was a 60 LP.

Last edited:

65fastbk

that guy (Rod) is a old friend of mine he used to live here in seattle....i think he meant that he toured with those bands not that he was "in" those bands.

The funny thing is that he owns a real 54 gt Ive played it many times.

I gotta believe that show is mostly set up or "fake" there is no way rod would think that was a 1960 lpc. :rofl

also he is one of the nicest guys you will meet!

modoc_333

the dumbest thing about that show is that when the "expert" says how much the item is worth.... the guy selling it is standing right there. no way that would happen in the real world.

goldtop0

Reality TV came from the USA...........I just lol whenever I surf past one of those programmes on the tele,it's scary how unreal some of them are.

DirtyRobber

the dumbest thing about that show is that when the "expert" says how much the item is worth.... the guy selling it is standing right there. no way that would happen in the real world.

Same scenario with the Shelby. The expert tells the owner and pawn shop guy it's worth 60k. Owner says he'll take 50. They gave him 30. I have to agree though, seems pretty fake.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Reality TV came from the USA...........I just lol whenever I surf past one of those programmes on the tele,it's scary how unreal some of them are.

Speaking as an american, i apologise. "Reality" tv shows are the worst thing thats happened to tv in my humble opinion. Can you guys believe Steven Seagul(if thats how you spell it) has his own reality cop show now???

czarivan

psh... i accidentally stumbled on pawn stars tonight. it was a beat to shit '74 that some dude thought was a '60. any monkey that knows anything about les pauls would have immediately pegged it for a 70-74 from half a mile a way.

sandwhich body, volute, made in usa stamp... the list goes on and on...

JIMI55LP

Guys i was busy watching Monday Night Raw. What did the LP turn out to be?
It was post 1970 pancake body with a volute neck, giant headstock with witch hat knobs. You could see it wasn't a vintage custon when he put the 60's/70's black case with no peble finish on the counter. The younger dad brought in an expert that set him straight.