• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I Just Love Gold!

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
Bursts get all the glory, but I LOVE the look of a goldtop! Classy and trashy at the same time, and total rock-n-roll badass! So share the love, and post pics of your golden gal. Here's mine: She started life as a 2007 R6, that I bought specifically to "makeover". Forum member ElectricLloyd reshaped the neck, using Johnnyslim's 52 goldtop as the template for the perfect neck. Next, she was shipped to Canada, where Gord Miller refinished and relic'd her. Gord also relocated the "Gibson" inlay down to the vintage correct location. Eventually, the P-90 hum was just too much, so I had the pickup routes filled and re-cut for humbuckers. She is decked-out in all-1950s parts, except pickup rings. She even proudly wears an original 1953 lefty crème pickguard and 1960 PAFs, and sleeps in a 50's Lifton. She's my keeper!
005-1.jpg

037_zps63d7013e.jpg

041_zpse3bfaebb.jpg

So, let's see some gold!

joek86

Steve,

I couldn't agree more! Gold, Solid colors, and plain tops are by far my faves. Gold is timeless.... it just always looks good.

~Joe

dragonfire

People quibble over flames, lack of flames, shape of flames, color of fade, etc. . .

A gold top is timeless, classic and always a crowd pleaser!!

DoubleBoogie

Here are my two.. :dude: :hank

2013 R6

2009 R7 with Historic Makeovers complete package

DANELECTRO

A mix of old and new...

L>R 2003 R7 (Brazilian RW), 2004 chambered CR4, 1952, 1969 conversion