• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New 'burst book by Tony Bacon

BURSTGANG

Interesting.............I'd at least have a look when it comes out. The best "BURST" book I have seen and read so far Is "BURST BELIEVERS" they really did a outstanding job on that book. :applaude

sapi

Thanks for the heads up :) I just ordered "Burst Believers" and it looks like I'll have to order this one too lol...

MWR

Is this another regurgitation of his earlier stuff? Many of Bacon's books seem to have the same photos, etc as the previous....

tangerine

The amazon description states that Gibson are currently looking to move some production back to the old Kalamazoo factory. Did I miss something about this? Did Heritage sell some of the old plant back to Gibson recently?

MikeSlub

Administrator
The amazon description states that Gibson are currently looking to move some production back to the old Kalamazoo factory. Did I miss something about this? Did Heritage sell some of the old plant back to Gibson recently?

I think it is referring to the early 80's Les Paul reissues made in Kalamazoo. That was the latest bunch of reissues made there. I can assure you that Gibson isn't planning a return to Michigan. :)

tangerine

Ah yes, that makes more sense, thanks Mike. I guess it's just a revamp of the previous books then. I have two of them and they are very similar.

boyscout

Interesting.............I'd at least have a look when it comes out. The best "BURST" book I have seen and read so far Is "BURST BELIEVERS" they really did a outstanding job on that book. :applaude

Really?! Have you seen:

http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Burst-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388429434&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/50-Years-Gibs...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388429434&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Early-Years-P...=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388429586&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Era-Pa...=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388429629&sr=1-9

http://www.amazon.com/Million-Dolla...r_1_14?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388429743&sr=1-14

Recommend you look at these. "Burst Believers" is one of the most disappointing LP books I've purchased. It's a snapshot album with a few anecdotal stories and not much information.

If you liked it, "Beauty of the Burst" will probably blow you away. The other books listed are more informational - the two Robb Lawrence books are terrific resource books.

John Vasco

the two Robb Lawrence books are terrific resource books.

Except that book 2 covers up to 2009, but doesn't include anything on the 2008 Standards. You know, the version with the asymetrical neck, locking bridge & tailpiece, locking grovers, neutrik socket. Not a word...

BURSTGANG

Hi, Sure I have those,and they are fine books...............I also have the earlier "BURST[With Jay Scott and Vic Dapra] and "Sunburst Alley" by Dapra as well as a copy of "The Burst Gang" which is a super rare Japanese text Gibson Les Paul Sunburst photo book.....really like "Burst Belivers"

Black58

"Burst Believers" It's a snapshot album with a few anecdotal stories and not much information.

It wasn't meant to be anything else. .. an' that ain't a bad thang! :dude:

... Perhaps, If'n ya did yer homework before the purchase,
you would not have been disappointed. :ganz

Red Rogue

I wish Yasuhiko Iwanade would do an update of "Beauty of the Burst". How many 58-60 LP came to surface since the release of the book. I think he could add a lot of pages.

57Lefty

I'm waiting on this and the Stones Gear book to come out. The Stones gear has been coming soon for almost a year now.

57Lefty

Well, the Stones book did come out and it's massive and awesome. The Bacon book is available on amazon, but it's like 164 pages, which will make it a few more than dapras book on the same subject. Have to wait and see this in real life, or better yet go to B&N, get a large latte, and read the whole thing.......

Big Al

Tony's books are great.

Based on what? Misinformation and poor research, misidentified photo's and basicly regurgitating the same ol' same ol' with each new release. Lightweight and inconsequential.

I'd never call them great.

Big Al

The author indicated to me that he was getting new info and interviews.
Did he tell you different? :hmm

No I was basing my assumption on all the other books by him I have, which are basicly the same with the same pics, ect.

Be nice to see a "new" book with updated facts and new info.