• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The new Les Paul Custom Lite

Kutt

I like, yet I don't like. Can't make up my mind! ESP Eclipse body thickness, mini toggle switch for coil splitting, *rosewood* fretboard (could be bi-layered). Affordable, at least upon initial release. All interesting. Does it come with an OHSC I do wonder? Discuss.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-custom-lite?icid=202629

LPLite_zpsd89af7ae.jpg

papersoul

Can you find em listed new anywhere? Can you link me? I can't find em anywhere.

moonweasel

I like, yet I don't like. Can't make up my mind! ESP Eclipse body thickness,

Slight correction there, ESP ripped off that thickness from Gibson who had nearly this exact model back in the 80s, same name back then too. :2zone

I think it could be a fun model. SG's have sounded great for decades and aren't thick like a regular paul.

DanD

Looks interesting. If'n I had my 'druthers I'd want to see the 490R/490T pup combo and no weight relief. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter tho. I'll be checking one out when they arrive. Been looking at Customs over the past year more and more. They never appealed to me before but are starting to look tasty. :peace2

Trans-Am

...and yet they call this a demoted Custom?:wah
No thanks! I'm perfectly happy with ma baby! ...and it's just me!
DSC03087.jpg

Peace!

Slash1983

If´I want to have the look of a Custom I'd rather go for one of those ClassicCustoms.
I think, the sound of these thin Lite LPs wouldn't be "big" as a full thickness LP... But hey, I didn't play one of those yet.

Kutt

In case (no pun intended) anyone is curious, I contacted Gibson and they state that this model is shipping with a slimline hardshell case. There you have it.

It's really tempting to purchase at the price point it's currently at ($1,500). Sort of confirms for me that there's no reason why Gibson USA cannot again build "regular" production LP Customs at a reasonable (~2k) street price, instead of this 4k street price Custom Shop gouging. This guitar is so similar to that in just about every aspect.

samdjr74

So I took the plunge and ordered one from MF, now it's been pulled completely from their site so I guess the rumor that there are only 275 being made might be true. I didn't receive the cancelation notice yet like I did with the studio tribute so hopefully I'll get it.

I know a lot of folks don't think this is a real custom because of the fret board and binding but at that price and hopefully at a really nice weight it's a great platform for modifications to the electronics.

Kutt

Congrats! Please reply again with pics when it arrives! They sold out fairly quickly, within about 2 weeks I believe. Looks like a lot of bang for the buck, especially considering it does ship with a hardshell case. :peace2

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Give me four knobs & a Richlite fretboard, please. Jeez. Why does Gibson have to "tweak" these kinds of things when they should just leave well enough alone?
edit* I clicked on the link to read:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.

Elmore

Looks like an intereting way to compete with Fender to me. Keep the look the same, but make it lighter and slimmer. I am really curious about the tonal changes versus a production LP Custom.

Stoj

Slight correction there, ESP ripped off that thickness from Gibson who had nearly this exact model back in the 80s, same name back then too. :2zone

I think it could be a fun model. SG's have sounded great for decades and aren't thick like a regular paul.

+ 100 yes I do remember the Custom Lite of the 80's which was a nicer LP than this model :salude

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
I wish they'd try it w/a Standard & put four knobs on it.

L

LPDEN

I know this was last visited several months ago, but if it is anything like my ESP Eclipse II, than Gibson may be onto something...