• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Guitar Collection (book)?

MikeSlub

Administrator
I have it. Cool photos. Really big and heavy to handle, not easy to flip through. Probably worth it for $200. versus what they charged when it was first issued!

Beano Geno

...and some guys complain about a 9 lbs LP!! :peace2

From Amazon:

The Guitar Collection book: 512 pages, more than 670 original full-color images, hand-numbered vellum title page, top-bound in a hand-crafted leather case with embossed detail, 23” wide by 11.15” tall, 20.9 pounds

The Guitar Collection: Stories companion book: 192 pages, more than 180 full-color images, 8.25” wide by 11.25” tall

Custom guitar-style case: Leather-wrapped black exterior, burgundy fleece lining, satin nickel latches, 13” tall by 5” deep by 31.375” wide, 10.5 pounds

Xpensive Wino

Who does the collection belong to?

"Paul McCartney, Jimmy Page, Billy Gibbons, and Keith Richards are but a few of the guitar legends who agreed to have their guitars included in this high-end limited edition book. The collection also features guitars from heralded institutions including Experience Music Project, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Hard Rock International, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. To capture each guitar “on location,” a group of three preeminent photographers traveled to over 40 locations in North America and the UK."

pinefd

This looks interesting! And actually, on the Amazon site, you can find it for as low as $150 shipped (with Amazon Prime).

I have it. Cool photos. Really big and heavy to handle, not easy to flip through. Probably worth it for $200. versus what they charged when it was first issued!

Mike, are there many, if any pics of 'bursts in there? No way I'm spending this kind of coin on a book with at least some 'burst pron in it! :hee Thanks.

Frank

pinefd

It was $175 when I ordered it a few days ago. :dang

It's crazy. Amazon prices are all over the place, and change daily (if not more often). Right now, if you click on the link provided above, the price shown is $462.54. But then if you click on "See all 3 formats and editions", it brings you to some other pricing options, including the "New from" $149.99 option.

Frank

porterburst

Amazon prices jump up or go down depending on how often the product is viewed.

There's a nice big picture of Duane's dark burst in there. Sweet!