• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGW (new guitar week): 1981 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Tobacco

cosmitron

It's been 6 days that she's home. I know it's a complete honeymoon (more like tobaccomoon :D) phase but I let all the other one aside. This wonderful thing makes me play with my guts and sings to my soul.
tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno6_500.jpg
tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno7_500.jpg
tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno9_500.jpg
tumblr_nagtcatW9L1rpidqno8_500.jpg

and she's quite a looker right?

EvLectric

The yellowing is to die for! Just perfect!!! And I love the light spot on the brown.
I'd say enjoy but that's probably unnecessary. :)

frenchphil

absolutely gorgeous!!
i love the vibe of it,

what is the top carve like, ? from the pictures it looks rather flat, but that's just pictures

i guess the neck must feel great with that wear

Big Al

I just love Deluxe Les Pauls! Tobacky is my favorite, just because. I've posted many times about my appreciation for Norlin Era guitars and Deluxe's in particular.

That just looks like a crackerjack of a Les Paul and I know how much those mini's can sing. It looks like it enjoys being played, so you know what you must do.

ENJOY!!!!!:hank

cosmitron

The yellowing is to die for! Just perfect!!! And I love the light spot on the brown.
I'd say enjoy but that's probably unnecessary. :)
I still appreciate man! ^^
Can't say how much I love each detail of this Deluxe. Funny how usually I mod almost instantly all the guitars I get, while despite the bad reputation of the Norlin era, I feel there's nothing I need to change on this Les Paul! I just wanna get some panties to this bad girl (Mojoaxe pickguard will soon be on its way).

Great photos! Killer looking. Play in good health.
Thanks! I'll do my best. :)

absolutely gorgeous!!
i love the vibe of it,

what is the top carve like, ? from the pictures it looks rather flat, but that's just pictures

i guess the neck must feel great with that wear
Well, yeah, compared to my other Paulas the top is shaped as a simple curve, more Jane Birkin flat dome than Pamela Anderson bell curve. (Does that make sense?)
And yeah, the neck has a very satin feel on most of it. It was very sticky when delivered, before I treated it with Vituoso products.

Beautiful!
I agree. :)

I just love Deluxe Les Pauls! Tobacky is my favorite, just because. I've posted many times about my appreciation for Norlin Era guitars and Deluxe's in particular.

That just looks like a crackerjack of a Les Paul and I know how much those mini's can sing. It looks like it enjoys being played, so you know what you must do.

ENJOY!!!!!:hank
Well now I understand what some people were saying about the Norlin. But I also noticed most of the Norlin users would keep it half secret, trying to save some secret so the good ones from this period stay affordable. Let's keep that knowledge for the happy fews and let the bashers bash it. :D

Oh... Hell yeah!!! Congrats! :salude
Thanks!

frenchphil

I still appreciate man! ^^
Can't say how much I love each detail of this Deluxe. Funny how usually I mod almost instantly all the guitars I get, while despite the bad reputation of the Norlin era, I feel there's nothing I need to change on this Les Paul! I just wanna get some panties to this bad girl (Mojoaxe pickguard will soon be on its way).

Thanks! I'll do my best. :)

Well, yeah, compared to my other Paulas the top is shaped as a simple curve, more Jane Birkin flat dome than Pamela Anderson bell curve. (Does that make sense?)
And yeah, the neck has a very satin feel on most of it. It was very sticky when delivered, before I treated it with Vituoso products.

I agree. :)

Well now I understand what some people were saying about the Norlin. But I also noticed most of the Norlin users would keep it half secret, trying to save some secret so the good ones from this period stay affordable. Let's keep that knowledge for the happy fews and let the bashers bash it. :D

Thanks!

well yes jane birkin makes perfect sense to me , being french we have known her for a while over here and not because of her breast but because of her talent

we also know about pamela, for other reason, talent not being one

do you mind posting a pic of that top carve? is it just a line ?

Thin_Lizzy

Ditto that! :yah Norlin Deluxes are my favorite and so is tobacco SB! Gorgeous guitar! Congrats!

cosmitron

Ditto that! :yah Norlin Deluxes are my favorite and so is tobacco SB! Gorgeous guitar! Congrats!
Thanks! Having this Tobacky (I like this word Big Al, almost sounds russian) surely made me listen to lots of Thin Lizzy lately (and some tunes of the Who)! :)

cosmitron

well yes jane birkin makes perfect sense to me , being french we have known her for a while over here and not because of her breast but because of her talent

we also know about pamela, for other reason, talent not being one

do you mind posting a pic of that top carve? is it just a line ?
Here are some additional pics:
tumblr_nab7lc6zgo1rpidqno2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nab7lc6zgo1rpidqno3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nab7lc6zgo1rpidqno4_r1_1280.jpg

Hope that helps. :)