• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Les Paul on Pawn Stars Tonight at 9:00 CST

JohnnyAquanet

Dose any one know what "number" episode it was? I'v been looking for in online and on the tv but there all listed by number.

Thanks!!

slammintone

I liked the one with the '62 Lincoln Continental. Beautiful outside, trashed interior. They bought it for like 9Gs, dumped another 15 grand into a total interior redo and it was just completely KILLER looking when it was done. I'm watchin it and when the show gets to the job finished portion I GOTTA GET ME ONE! Damn, on rare occaisions I get that impulse just on sight alone and this was one for sure. From my own experiences with pawn shops I truly believe these guys are giving more than top dollar for for the stuff they take in, cept maybe that marine Chronometer that wasn't running because it had a piece of something jammed on purpose on the inside to protect the movement during shipping. They had a clock guy come examine it, he pops the piece of whatever out and the thing ticks perfectly. The did make out on that one but you know, they don't always get that lucky. That's the kind of thing that probably keeps it interesting and fun for them though. Just my .02.

abalonevintage

From my own experiences with pawn shops I truly believe these guys are giving more than top dollar for for the stuff they take in

I can assure you they are CAREFULLY scrutinizing what they put on TV. So it ain't "real life." :rofl

Mysteron09

Can you imagine if the expert they brought in was another Las Vegas guitar dealer who's ahem, well-known for being opinionated? That would've been pure comedy gold...:rofl

j45

'Rod' himself said that he played with Triumph and Toto in the '80s, then pawn owner says something like 'The hair band days...". Rod was presented as a professional touring musician and he probably is/was....:biggrin:

Our own Phil X also played guitar in Triumph.

S. Weiger

Dose any one know what "number" episode it was? I'v been looking for in online and on the tv but there all listed by number.

Thanks!!

Season 2 Episode 5 from dec.14

-but I can't seem to find a site to watch it online ??

slammintone

I can assure you they are CAREFULLY scrutinizing what they put on TV. So it ain't "real life." :rofl

Is that so? You've shopped there then obviously? If not then I think what I stated, based on what I've seen stands true. I mean if pawn shops near where I'm from ever brought in an expert to tell what a collector piece would be worth the pawn shop guy wouldn't turn to me and say ok, I'll give you half or better collector value. They'd say something like "Well, it appears that item sells to collectors for $1500, so I can give you $75 take it or leave it". Maybe get $100 if they're really interested. So when I see Pawn Stars giving somebody $1500 for something that a collector might pay $3000 for I'm yelling "Take the damn money fool!" Pawn shops aren't in the collector business or they arent in business for long. It seems that out in Vegas there might be more than the usual amount of people selling off goods to pay for gambling depts so they probably have a healthy pawn shop base to sell there stuff to and maybe that's why they can demand better payout on the stuff they're selling. But again, based on what I've seen of Pawn Stars (which really is all I have to fairly evaluate them) I would not accuse them of being schiesters when the camera isn't rolling.

abalonevintage

1. Most pawn shops don't buy what "Pawn Stars" buys.

2. I have been to Vegas pawn shops... 24 hr shopping. :dude:

3. I have watched every episode...Those guys wreak.....sorry.

ES335TD

I like the show. It's kinda like "Aniques Roadshow" for the layman. Obviously, some of the reality stuff is scripted and artificial, and they buy stuff that is way more interesting than your typical shop, and they have adventures like driving the cars they refurbish and shooting off canons and such.

But they offer pretty good advice for anyone selling something, and they expose the "tells" of the sellers, who often have an inflated sense of what their stuff is worth.

The LP expert let the guy down easy, but his value was accurate. Plus, he has a bunch of guitars in the backdrop when they interview him - gotta like that.

Beano Geno

Actually a good part of it is infact real. Its the storylines and the feuds that are fake. Read Mick Foley's autobiography if you dont believe that.

I had business dealings with Vince Jr in the early days of Titan Sports. I'll call it "an athletic exhibition" at best. YMMV.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Beano brought it up. Or perhaps i did when i mentioned i missed that episode of Pawn Stars because i was watching Monday Night Raw.

BTW, "What are we 12?!" Most hardcore wrestling fans are grown men. Some of them even have wives.

27sauce

Beano brought it up. Or perhaps i did when i mentioned i missed that episode of Pawn Stars because i was watching Monday Night Raw.

BTW, "What are we 12?!" Most hardcore wrestling fans are grown men. Some of them even have wives.

Sorry to offend, I really dont know anything about wrestling. He's a peace offering
l_77ff8c494c856078c4f4cfb795dacf29.gif