• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Les Paul on Pawn Stars Tonight at 9:00 CST

Jim Barth

Program description for Pawn Stars on the History Channel for December 14 at 9:00 CST says that a 1960 Les Paul is brought into the pawn shop.

Does not indicate if the Les Paul is a Jr., Special, or Standard, but it could be interesting to watch. The guy who owns the pawn shop in this show usually brings in somebody who is an expert on things he doesn't know anything about, so it will be interesting to see of that happens with this guitar.

LSGoCards7

I love that show! With a vintage LP it's even better! I say they give him $50,000-75,000 if he decides to sell and if it's a burst.

Last edited:

MattD1960

I dont think he will give that much, look at what they did on the shelby cobra body, i be he offers the guy 60K if that, they dont seem to savy on les pauls

MattD1960

yea i am sure it will be, i bet he gives him a load of crap about how the market is down haha

The Real MC

"Weird sunburst finish that is transparent over these wavy wood grains, shrunken tuners, corroded nickel hardware... who'd want this POS? It needs an overhaul. Todays' kids want Floyd Rose tremolo, pointy headstock and horns, flourescent colors - they wouldn't dare be seen with something this fuddly duddly. This is not worth much more than $200. But my aunt is looking for a nice addition for her antique cabinet next to her Lowrey organ, I'll take it off your hands for $300"

*pawnshop phone switchboard lights up like a christmas tree*

Prototype

I hope the guy who "restored" that 1942 L7 for this shop by sanding down the finish to remove the scratches doesn't get a hold of this one!

mainerd72

:rofl exactly
"Weird sunburst finish that is transparent over these wavy wood grains, shrunken tuners, corroded nickel hardware... who'd want this POS? It needs an overhaul. Todays' kids want Floyd Rose tremolo, pointy headstock and horns, flourescent colors - they wouldn't dare be seen with something this fuddly duddly. This is not worth much more than $200. But my aunt is looking for a nice addition for her antique cabinet next to her Lowrey organ, I'll take it off your hands for $300"

*pawnshop phone switchboard lights up like a christmas tree*

DHBucker

I hope the guy who "restored" that 1942 L7 for this shop by sanding down the finish to remove the scratches doesn't get a hold of this one!

Yeah, I remember seeing that and I was horrified! Then the guy starts talking about how great of a job the guy did and he knows exactly DICK about guitars beyond a Hondo II!

JRW8214@AOL.COM

OMG someone actually did that to an L7? I hate these guys. I watch the show occasionally but everyone who works there is a dickhead. Just like most pawnshop guys.

Im still pissed from when the bald guy ripped off the old man on that Colt Model 1849 Pocket revolver.

abalonevintage

Wet sanded it and buffed it!!!! :ha

This show does nothing but SUPPORT all of the stereotypes of Pawn Shops and their owners.

How did they come up with the name Pawn STARS....what a joke. :ha

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Funny how the old man made a swear jar for everyone to put money into when they cursed, and then he curses just asmuch as everyone else.

MattD1960

we have been HAD its just a 2 pick up 60 custom UGH history channel is like gibson in the late 60s , well we know they want les pauls but lets give them the wrong ones haha

garywright

...I'd like to see a parking lot shot before the guy walks in the door ..."what ya got in da case" ? says the shark.

MattD1960

really 1969 les paul or a 62 les paul who is this guy what an idiot, a 62 is a SG and its pretty easy to ID a 60 as it would have a 0 as the first number come on dude