• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

It's Not PinK!

Yardbird Mac

Last week I cracked the pickguard on my "03" LP Standard. The crack is through the screw hole where it fastens near the neck pickup. I looked on line at replacements. After I saw some of the prices on those I thought I would just order one like the original GIBSON USA version. I was prepared for it to be that nasty pinkish color that came on the older Standards. Big surprise... the color of the new guard matches my pickup rings* and the non-black bobbins on both pickups!

* I like the taller Historic rings... 'hate the short ones that were original to this Standard!

DanD

+1 on the historic rings. I look down at my new Standard sometimes and wish they were there!

So far she's remained virginal, I haven't molested her in any way yet.

Just a bit of fingering here and there... :hank

Big Al

+1 on the historic rings. I look down at my new Standard sometimes and wish they were there!

So far she's remained virginal, I haven't molested her in any way yet.

Just a bit of fingering here and there... :hank

Well, DanD, I have been known to finger the pink. Usually befoe some hot licks. :hee

DanD

I can see where this is going... :dude:

Nice to see you about. Hope you're feeling well. I just realized you were in Canada. I spent a couple years up in Milton, ON. Excellent time it was! :salude

Big Al

Nice to see you about. Hope you're feeling well. I just realized you were in Canada. I spent a couple years up in Milton, ON. Excellent time it was! :salude

Dan the South shore of Lake Ontario is New York State. Even with the sub zero temps and mountains of snow we still haven't been annexed by our friendly North Coast neighbors.:jim

Gibsononly

Odd. Excellent times and Milton aren't usually associated. :)

DanD

Odd. Excellent times and Milton aren't usually associated. :)

We were staying at a campground on the outskirts of Milton with strippers who worked at the Million Dollar Saloon in Missassauga, ON. :ha

Got turmed onto and saw the Hip on their Roadside Attraction tour down in your neck of the woods, saw the Crows in a little theater in Toronto and hung out at strip clubs and down on Yonge St. in Toronto.

It was a really hazy 2 years! :2cool

DanD

Dan the South shore of Lake Ontario is New York State. Even with the sub zero temps and mountains of snow we still haven't been annexed by our friendly North Coast neighbors.:jim

Didn't mean to ex-patriate you AL! :##

Big Al

Didn't mean to ex-patriate you AL! :##

Not a problem, Dan. I've spent a lot of time in Toronto,(love it), and on Yonge St. Where else can you find a totally nude stripper club next to a Christian Youth Center?? I had a great time playing up there during the North by Northeast bash in the early 90's. I was real psyched to play at the Macambo!!

I played at the Carolton Blues Festival, way up north in Quebeq, What a week in the friendliest place I've ever been. I love hangin' with my northern bros!!

Back to the topic, I am more than happy with Historic plastic. And yes indeed I like the rings and have them on my non Historics as I like them tall.

DanD

I like the tall Historic rings in both positions. I learned a trick from the arctop guys and bridge fitting. If you put tbe pup ring on a small board with double sided tape and place sandpapaer rough side up on the guitar top you can shape tbe bottom of the ring to match tbe guitars top curve.

Only the tall Historic rings work well for this.

Afterwards tbe rings no longer bow out at the sides. Makes for a really clean install.:applaude

Gibsononly

We were staying at a campground on the outskirts of Milton with strippers who worked at the Million Dollar Saloon in Missassauga, ON. :ha

Got turmed onto and saw the Hip on their Roadside Attraction tour down in your neck of the woods, saw the Crows in a little theater in Toronto and hung out at strip clubs and down on Yonge St. in Toronto.

It was a really hazy 2 years! :2cool

Ahh. So not actually in Milton. :)

DanD

Strippers? :teeth

Toronto's no joke when it comes to hot women who just happen to move seductively. The fact that they're from all over the world doesn't hurt either.

As an aficionado of sorts, I can unequivocally say they blew the strippers from Miami and Tampa out o' the water. Spent 20 year in FL and never been to a club in the same league as the Million Dollar or Airport Strip. :peace2