• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: Very interesting '67 ES-335

Stratoben127

Yesterday I traded my 50th Anniversary '63 ES-335 for this one. I had been wanting a slimmer neck and have always wanted a blonde 335 ever since I played Warren Haynes' which got me into 335s three years ago. And finally I have a vintage guitar.

All of the electronics are totally original as well as the bridge and tailpiece. I'm not sure where the original guard and knobs are but I like the '59 look they give to it.

Here's the cool story. The guitar spent most of its life in the Carolinas. It was bought as a stock sunburst '67 in '74 for $350. In '78 the owner tried to adjust the truss rod and bent it. He got it "repaired" but all the repairman did was crack the fretboard. So the guitar was sent to Gibson in '78 to be fitted with a 355 fretboard so that the owner could pass off the new board as an "upgrade" to his dad without saying the guitar was broken. The refin was done shortly after. This guitar sounds and plays absolutely amazingly. I really am loving it. Here's some pics.

krapac

I'm happy for you, cool guitar, really..! Enjoy :hank :hank :hank

chuckNC

image_zps142e852e.jpg
Side-by-side, the contrast in neck widths between the 335 and SG is very noticeable.

That's a pretty pair you have there. Congrats! :salude

woody-89

Fantastic Ben! I remember when you were trying decide on getting your '63 RI, and I'm really glad you've ended up going vintage! :dude: