• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2009 Traditional Pro - what pickups are these?

Mr. Papa

Hey folks,
I just picked up the aforementioned '09 LP Trad Pro, and the pickups are reading 8 K neck and 15 K bridge. Surely these aren't '57 Classics? Maybe Classic / Classic Pro, or 490R / 498T? Any help is appreciated, I'm just getting lost in all the specs changes over the years.
Thank you !

les strat

Right off hand, those specs scream 489T/490R (Alnicos) to me.

EDIT: Gibson says they are supposed to be BB3 bridge and 57 neck, but that bridge is not a BB3 for sure at 14K!

bigtomrodney

EDIT: Gibson says they are supposed to be BB3 bridge and 57 neck, but that bridge is not a BB3 for sure at 14K!
Yeah the Guitar Centre Trad Pro had a 57 Classic in the neck and Burstbucker 3 in the bridge, both with series/parallel switching. I got a set from one for my SG.

Mr. Papa

I figured it out, it's a '57 Classic in the neck and a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge. Just ordered a set of Sheptones, here's hoping for the best!