• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just Got's Me a Jimmy Page...

The Greek

Congrats on a beauty of a Les Paul.

:salude

Thanks,I appreciate it! :salude

I know what you mean about the neck,it feels so thin,I got to play one for a T.V. spot and all I could think about was F*** this Guitar is great.I was used to the R8 neck and was a little concerned ,but the JP blew me away ,nice score .

Thanks! :)

The neck thinness may indeed scare some people,but I still remember my first JPP I bought and the anticipation about this "neck issue"...However,I immediately "felt at home" the minute I held it for the first time.

JPP25*

I'm thinking this is a better late than never moment. Hi my name is Brian and I am the guy Ed sold JPP251 to long ago... I love it it's unmolested and I may have to sell her due to illness in my family. I'll do my best not to sell it tho!!!!
But I may have too.. You guys are great lived reading all theosts and heyyy Ed ! Thanks again bro this is one of my fave guitar ever.. Brian K

J T

List it in the classifieds here. I'm sure someone will be interested.

Curt Basner

I'm thinking this is a better late than never moment. Hi my name is Brian and I am the guy Ed sold JPP251 to long ago... I love it it's unmolested and I may have to sell her due to illness in my family. I'll do my best not to sell it tho!!!!
But I may have too.. You guys are great lived reading all theosts and heyyy Ed ! Thanks again bro this is one of my fave guitar ever.. Brian K

Interesting... Ed had spoken to me about my Page shortly after he parted with 251. I have JPP015...still...and it's still perfect, untouched save for a Pigtail stop. Still spectacular... I wonder if Ed wants it back!

jimmyace2006

Interesting... Ed had spoken to me about my Page shortly after he parted with 251. I have JPP015...still...and it's still perfect, untouched save for a Pigtail stop. Still spectacular... I wonder if Ed wants it back!

what is a Pigtail stop?

Curt Basner

what is a Pigtail stop?

It's a replacement stop tailpiece by Pigtail Music. Look up Pigtail.com. The website still exists, but it's been many years and I don't know if the gentleman is still in business. The stop is a light aluminum tailpiece that is more like the originals; I have them on all my LPs.

Gold Tone

It's a replacement stop tailpiece by Pigtail Music. Look up Pigtail.com. The website still exists, but it's been many years and I don't know if the gentleman is still in business. The stop is a light aluminum tailpiece that is more like the originals; I have them on all my LPs.

Sadly Steve passed away several years ago. His wife is keeping the company going now.

jimmyace2006

I thought Gibson went to a light weight tail piece in the late 90s?

deytookerjaabs

I love this thread...guys post pics of your Jimmy Page LP.....Thanks!

I've got this one:

9e093bec387787a2d09630851b725946.jpg

Not sure I've given it a proper listen but it was .99 cents.

NYCBURST

Thanks to a forum member, the brown truck delivered this baby to me last night. So far I dig the hell out of it!.... Being a long time Page worshipper, it was inevitable that I would end up with one of these. As soon as I saw this one I grabbed it because I think it really captures the vibe of his. Ive seen prettier ones and flamier ones but I think this one gets real close to what his actually looks like. With the pronounced center seam and the flame angle and subtlety I think its almost a dead ringer if you compare it to the pix in the original Tony Bacon book.... Now on to my first impressions. I have never played or even seen one of these guitars before. I had already pretty much decided that even if I hated the neck and it was a tone turd, I would keep it because of what it is and my long time Zep obsession. After all, my '57 conversion is my #1 player so who cares how this one sounds.... Well surprise, surprise, this things sounds frickin' great! I really like these pups. They get that Page bright cut with a nasal hollow twang thats pretty damn cool! I immediately reversed the red and black wire to put the pups back in phase. I dont care what Gibby says, the last time Page played live and all the years before that his pups were not out of phase. If thats the way he has it set up now, good for him, its not the way he had it set up the last time I saw him with the Crowes. What I would like to figure out though is how to wire the push pull knob to knock it back OUT of phase. That is how he had his set up, he did not have the coil tap.... Anyway it sounds great. The pots are quite stiff, I may look into replacing them, maybe I'll try different caps, but so far so good... I like the details like the metal jackplate with oversized screws, the extra hole in the pickguard mount, the double rings on the ABR1, the white switchtip and the faded grovers, the straplocks. As far as the neck goes, it is quite thin in the middle, but dont ask me why, I actually find it comfortable. After playing this guitar for an hour I went back to my '53 conv. and my '59 reissue and actually felt more fatigue on those. I can get used to the neck just fine.... Better pix and soundfiles will hopefully follow next week. Unfortunately to fuel my gas when I buy I have to sell, so my blessed '00 R9 is gonna have to go and probably the Rossington SG I just got too.... Oh well, who cares, its just guitars!

3734_p49142.jpg

3734_p49080.jpg

Awesome!! That is as close to his I think I have seen in the flame department. Very nice.

BoyBastos

FCEB9839-CA9E-47AD-B738-1DD0DF942ECE.jpeg08D634D5-8296-4DAB-B6B7-55501948D323.jpegresurrecting this thread!! Been reading this thread for a decade now!! Been saying someday i’ll get one.. last month that came true, it felt the time was right.. anyways #398.. better late than never

slammintone

Congrats! I just got a CS Jimmy Page axe myself! Fender CS that is! Lol. Always liked the Custom Authentic Page LPs.