• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Uncle Lou's Tuner buttons new batch...!!!!

FLICKOFLASH

Les Paul Froum Member
9b_12_sb.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-59-shrunken-Kluson-tuners-must-see_W0QQitemZ7347678852QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8c_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-59-Tuner-buttons-like-the-old-ones_W0QQitemZ7347672162QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Tone

Elderly are allparts. They even use the same Allparts parts code.

Hey TW - I haven't seen the Allparts lately. Do they still have that satiny finish....kind of a rough surface, not the smooth shiney surface of other buttons?

The RS buttons above are DAMN nice.....those are the older Taiwanese tuners. The newer Korean tuners have different buttons.

I've had all of these except for the new batch of Lou's. In order of "authenticity" its:

Lou's (origional and probably new also)
Old Allparts (from a few years ago)
Taiwanese made Kluson Reissue
Korean made Kluson reissue or Allparts (newer)

And....way down the list....Gibson green buttons! :toobad

Last edited:

Gold Tone

Don't know what happened there......its happened a few times where I've hit reply and there is a big delay....then multiple posts....strange! Four times this time....I've been on decaf for years.....maybe I should switch back! :lol

holygrail

Les Paul Froum Member
Gold Tone said:
Don't know what happened there......its happened a few times where I've hit reply and there is a big delay....then multiple posts....strange! Four times this time....I've been on decaf for years.....maybe I should switch back! :lol

Hey Bro,
( ....then multiple posts.... )
The main question : Is your Wife Happy :salude

Gold Tone

My second wife is happy......my first was never happy.....we have 2 toddlers so there isn't much multiple anything these days!

:lol

enrv

Gold Tone said "Hey TW - I haven't seen the Allparts lately. Do they still have that satiny finish....kind of a rough surface, not the smooth shiney surface of other buttons?"

Hi!

I certainly can't speak for TW, but (having read in another thread that Tom rated them) I ordered a set of the Allparts buttons from the UK Allparts site which arrived yesterday and they do have that 'satiny' finish.

Ian

tom wu

Gold tone;
don't know if you'll be able to catch this reply cause
I'm only posting once
only posting once
only posting once
But yeah, enrv, the allparts are satiny not shiney and are good for shrinking and "elderin'"

vintage58

So, after only reading about them for the last few years, I recently received delivery on a few sets of Uncle Lou tuner buttons. As one might expect, these were from the new batch referred to in this thread's title.

They are definitely very cool, and certainly do appear to be the "next best choice" single-ring tuner button after those found on original, D-169400 Klusons.

(Next closest would probably be the Taiwanese Kluson reissues, but the Uncle Lou tuner buttons are, I think, nicer in terms of color and shape.)

Anyway, all I need now is a 1959 'burst that needs its tuner buttons replaced....

Gold Tone

I just got a set too. REAL swirley and far mor white and translucent than the old ones were.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Gold Tone

Elderly is Allparts. Elderly pictures on their website is NOT of the buttons they have. Those pics are old.....from when Allparts had Uncle Lou's as well. So really those Elderly pics are of the old Uncle Lou's which they don't have. I was PISSED when I ordered from them and asked them repeatedly if the ones they sell are the same as in the pics. They said yes, absolutley. Well.....no....not at all! After some arguing they took back the 8 sets I ordered and refunded my shipping both ways. I guess that wasn't enough trouble for them as they haven't updated their site.

RS are Korean Kluson....not bad....not as good as Lou's but they are the 2nd choice for sure.

FLICKOFLASH

Les Paul Froum Member
schaller_upgrade_5.jpg

Everyone seems to love uncle lou's but myself have been hesitant to order the new batch cause i have seen some that are really swirled & translucent