• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson SG Firebrand

soulriderleo

Can you post a picture of it? I used to have one in the 80's that I sold :-( Want to see if it's the same color.
Thanks

Hello,
I just scored a 1980 SG Firebrand. The Truss rod cover says "Firebrand" on the top and "The SG Deluxe" on the bottom. It has open coil humbuckers. The bridge being zebra. 22 fret ebony board with dots. Gold Gibson logo, not burned in. Stamped "Second" on the back, I'm fimiliar with what that means. It's red, the salesman had it marked Cardinal Red. Says it's a "rare" finish for that guitar. Any info on these? I tried a search but didn't find much for the SG Firebrand. I know they were entry level models, at least I think they were. What kind of PU's are in these? Nice playing git, no matter what it in t here...