• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Let's see pics of you gigging with your Lester!

Brian Krashpad

27048292083_b639e3486d_b.jpg

I'm playing the sunburst Junior. Our rhythm guitarist is playing my Les Paul Special, as he'd broken a string on the Tele he started the set with.

guitplayer

You from G-ville? Cool, Charlie is a great and tasteful player.
Heres a pic of him playing a wraptail Gt.

Brian Krashpad

You from G-ville? Cool, Charlie is a great and tasteful player.
Heres a pic of him playing a wraptail Gt.

Yeah, I wasn't born here (GNV), but both my kids (now adults!) were. I've been here almost continually since I came to UF for undergrad in 1976. I was up in Jax for about a year between undergrad and law school, but other than than that, have been in the GNV that whole time.

For the last 20 years, I've fronted a punk rock and roll band called Crash Pad.

guitplayer

Great town.
1965-1992 left. Came back 2005-07. Did an album for Gregg McMillin
with Stan L. Played the gun and knife circuit some w/ Charlie.
Never played in band with Brad. Always competing. The MFer is badass. M. bam bam McConnell played with me
in Local Traffic. Pic at Spindrifters
Left G-ville. Don`t remember a band Crash Pad, musta been after my time.
I do remember Nancy Luca. She was Punk R+R.
Now slinging arrows at monster deer when seasons opens in the Great White North..
playing with a band here and there.:biggrin:

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Here's a video with my #1 since I sold my '56.

(Note the GDS kit 18 watt. Red tolex custom cab with 25 watt Greenback. Digitech RP355 with my custom "Ronson" patch :eek:la )

Brian Krashpad

Great town.
1965-1992 left. Came back 2005-07. Did an album for Gregg McMillin
with Stan L. Played the gun and knife circuit some w/ Charlie.
Never played in band with Brad. Always competing. The MFer is badass. M. bam bam McConnell played with me
in Local Traffic. Pic at Spindrifters.
Left G-ville. Don`t remember a band Crash Pad, musta been after my time.
I do remember Nancy Luca. She was Punk R+R.
Now slinging arrows at monster deer when seasons opens in the Great White North..
playing with a band here and there.:biggrin:

Crash Pad began in '96, still going today. We do only originals, so it's a different circuit than covers. During 2005-2007 when you were back we did about two dozen local shows, primarily Eddie C's, 1982 Bar, and Shamrock. But also a few other places occasionally-- Common Grounds, Orange & Brew, Market Street. And one show in Slow-cala at a place called K'n'K Concert Hall (which was in the middle of summer and only had a shop fan and no A/C-- so hot I almost puked onstage).

I met Nancy Luca at a party many years ago, c. 1977. I was wearing a TP & the Heartbreakers tshirt with the Flying V/heart logo from Shelter Records, and as you may know she's pretty obsessed with Petty-- she offered to adjourn to another room and trade tshirts. Which is kind of funny since she's gay. A different band I was in played one show with her band (and a couple other bands) in an auto repair shop, of all places, many years later. That was a benefit for the shop owner, Ron Wagner, who ended up doing some hard time for shooting someone over a bad drug deal or something. Sfaik he's still in the slammer.

I've jammed with Bam Bam, RIP. He came by and played with Crash Pad at our practice site one time when we were between drummers. He was all gung-ho about the band, and then simply disappeared. Briefly met Stan L. at Common Grounds in '99 back when Moon Magazine was doing the "Hogtown Music Awards," and they gave Stan a "lifetime achievement award." Crash Pad were nominated for 3 awards that year (best punk band, best rock band, best overall band) but didn't win anything, haha. We did win Best Punk Band the following year though.

1375638_587601304630733_872197036_n.jpg

Small world!

Here's a Crash Pad shot from about 5 years ago on Bo Diddley Plaza, one of our first shows after my treatment for throat cancer. Just to keep this post nominally on point. ;)

bdce7eb6ab476e431a1e97a9fd880e02.jpg

Last edited:

guitplayer

Right on!!
Bam was pretty flighty at times. Got me some good gigs though. Helped
me thru hard times. Miss ya brother.
What a drummer though when he was on.
Found this pic of opening for Blackfoot.

Last edited:

grimlyflick

No gigs at the monent I'm afraid, shot from last night's rehearsal with my trusty old Classic.

9f92929aa197fe5196c20d3f78c4ae34_zpsun0kbsmx.jpg

And a little audio snippet.

Last edited:

garywright

haha Brian ! ..fwiw, I'm a different motorboat'n GW than the dreamweaver though :hank