• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Skinny neck on Jimmy Page

MelMann

I haven't tried one myself, but in an email exchange with a guy who tried the prototype at NAMM he was saying how tiny and skinny the neck on the new Jimmy Page model is. Anyone confirm? There is so much interest in this model and it seems to be hard to get one preordered at all. What I think is interesting is: if the neck on this thing is actually as skinny and puny as I'm "Led" to believe, why does everyone want one so bad? I personally prefer and seek out small necks, but it seems the vast majority preference is for giant tree trunk type necks these days. Is there going to be lots of people preordering these and then dumping them once they find out how small the necks are? Or will this model make small necks popular again?

Rhynster

Jimmy Page's skinny neck

Yes, it's unfortunate the neck is so skinny. Always been a bit pencil-necked. But he's really thin all over, isn't he?

It's on account of his being a vegetarian you know.

sixty2strat

Re: Jimmy Page's skinny neck

Rhynster said:
Yes, it's unfortunate the neck is so skinny. Always been a bit pencil-necked. But he's really thin all over, isn't he?

It's on account of his being a vegetarian you know.

Damm you beat me to it .....:)

Shane S

I also played the Jimmy Page Proto at NAMM and it has a really skinny neck. I passed on the oportunity to purchase one. I talked to Edwin Wilson and Mike McGurie at the show and told them why I would not be purchasing one of these. They both agreed that the neck was extremely small - but this is a replica of Jimmy's # 1 and they made the neck the same as the original.

Mike told me when he flew over to England to measure the guitar. He asked Jimmy if "he had to change his playing style?" when he got the guitar because the was so much different. Jimmy said that he did have to change the way he played because of the different neck profile.

"Why does everyone want one so bad?" That is easy - Jimmy Page!

thebadger

As overpriced they are in my opinion, I don't see too many people actually playing them. Just sitting around just so people can say they have one.

RButterworth

Damn those skinny necks....how they remind me of the classic.....I love em......but wouldn't pay that for one.....give me 6 or 8 classics please.........lol.......

c_wester

Anyone got any measurs???Whould be Cool im almost pulling the trigger of having a totally custom built les paul for me an it might be in the Jimmy Page style .... haven`t decided yet...