• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Canned Heat les paul

plexi69

I saw them play at Golden West College in Huntington Beach CA, around '73. The audience sat on the floor in the gym and the band stood on a stage maybe 2 feet off the ground. As they played the would pass joints and bottles of wine amongst themselves and the audience in front of them. Happy Daze for sure.

valk

I have to say this on the chance one of our LPFers was there..... I saw Canned Heat in concert at Ft. Ord California in 1971. It was a Riot, literally.
I remember that concert! I was in Basic Training at Ft. Ord in D-2-1. Let's talk.

Bob Hempen

I have to say this on the chance one of our LPFers was there..... I saw Canned Heat in concert at Ft. Ord California in 1971. It was a Riot, literally.
I was there, also. Was at Ft. Ord late May thru early July, 1971 for basic training. I was in the new VOLAR program. A trial program for organizing the new Voluntary Army. While Canned Heat was playing "Lets Work Together", a bus was tipped over and a barracks was set on fire! OK, it didn't happen just like that, but a riot did break out. Before it was over, a bus had been tipped over and a barracks was set on fire. Maybe more than one? I would love to hear your account of that day. I have looked and looked for information on this, but have found very little. Do you know any sources?

Bob Hempen

I remember that concert! I was in Basic Training at Ft. Ord in D-2-1. Let's talk.
I was in basic training, also, at the time and was at the concert. Big wine bottles began flying through the air and my buddies and I retreated to high in the bleachers to watch the show. In a while lots of MP's arrived and began firing in the air and cleared the place. We were confined to our barracks that night. We could see the glow of fire as an old wooden barracks was burned that evening. I have found very little information on this event and have always wanted to learn more.

tlfoster

I was in basic training, also, at the time and was at the concert. Big wine bottles began flying through the air and my buddies and I retreated to high in the bleachers to watch the show. In a while lots of MP's arrived and began firing in the air and cleared the place. We were confined to our barracks that night. We could see the glow of fire as an old wooden barracks was burned that evening. I have found very little information on this event and have always wanted to learn more.

I was at Ft. Ord from February to August 1971 and attended the concert and witnessed the riot. There was lots of damage to a few barracks and bowling alley. It was an interesting time.