• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

for newbies only (under 200 posts) what model LP and amp do you play the most and why

jerkeler

Depends what sound you're after, but I am more than happy with the Bareknuckle Mules I have in my LP. The Stormy Mondays are also very, very good. At some point I plan on getting a Goldtop and fitting a set of those to it...

Yeah, pretty much anything will be better than the 490/498. Definitely reserve judgement of the guitar until trying something else.

Flat-Foot

My 2010 traditional through my 66 Bassman head. Cabinet is a no name loaded with two vintage 30s and two greenbacks.

Nopicknick

posted on the al good vibe thread but I"ll throw it up here too

32815112500_9af8011c87_b.jpg
[/URL]

friedman small box combo and CC #15

Man that just oozes tone. I bet that setup is flippin killer.

For me it is my 2017 Traditional or 2017 SG Standard T though a Quilter 101 head into a 412 Diamond loaded with Vintage 30s. I use a J Rockett Animal with a very slight delay.

GibsonBurst04

Most often, I play my 2004 Gibson LP through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10 Amp. It's loud, so I only get it to a 2 on the Volume dial.

vmule

Started to play again after a long time not playing, I got some gear to practise.

Gibson USA Les Paul Classic SP 2016

Orange 4PPC212 #4 Jim Root 2x12 Cabinet
Orange Micro Dark Guitar Amp Head

qnJNfz.jpg

harleytech

I play thru this... I built all three of the heads (Metro).. 100 watt (EL34 Tubes) on top of Marshall A & B Hendrix Cabinets (UK G12C 25 watt Greenbacks)...
50 watt (EL34 Tubes) on top of a JTM 45 (KT66 Tubes) on top of a Marshall TV Cabinet (UK 25 watt Greenbacks) PPIMV Master Volumes on all three of them..
All Sound Killer ! :salude
0522171800.jpg

Dedezelic

First post here. Just got my first Les Paul - a 2010 Traditional Plus. My main amp is a Cornell Romany Plus.

BurstWurst

Interesting concept for a thread on this forum. Never noticed it before as I almost exclusively just hit the vintage pub, being the "vintage snob" that I am. Nonetheless, I find considerable bliss playing my CS ES-339 with OX4s and an RS kit through my Goodsell Super-seventeen. Thank God it's no longer the 70's when you could not buy a decent guitar or amp! Carry on newbies, glad to hear your voice on this forum.

WannaBeBlue

The Les Paul.
2016 LE Traditional Plaintop, non weight relieved. Nine pounds, Lemon Burst, with Faber locking bridge and tail piece, Kluson Revelution tuners, and Fishman Fluence Classic Humbuckers. The feel and sound are, to me, exceptional.

The Amp.
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special. Put simply, I just plain love this amp. It also does an exceptional job with other guitars. Hopefully, I'll be able to own a Classic one day, as well.

JeffBlue

Hello all. I play my highly modded 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme (SD 59/JB, gold metal surrounds, brass roller bridge, brass tailpiece, TonePros locking studs, Schaller strap locks and gold metal pickup selector switch tip) in the living room (when the wife and daughter are at work, I'm retired) I play through a 1968 Fender Vibro Champ/10 inch speaker mod and connected to a 4X10 speaker cab, EHX English Muff'n and TC Electronics Nova System.

In my back room I mainly play my guitars through a Fender Super Champ X2 head/JBL K130 and pedals or a 1969 Fender Bandmaster Reverb/Peavey Rockmaster/TC Electronics G System or Trace Elliott Bonneville 4X10/Peavey Rockmaster/Art SGX-2000 or my rack rig.

I forgot to answer what and why..............the Vibro Champ is my best rig in my living room and I usually play through the SCX2 in my backroom (man cave) because it is simple. I only use channel 1 for the blackface clean tones and I pedal up from that because the SCX2 accepts pedals very well.

Last edited:

TyHorne304

Got my '15 LP Traditional Classic and my Orange Rockerverb 50 mkiii combo......it's the best sounding rig in the world (to me at least) can't figure out how to post pic, oh well

I figured out how to post pic....I think

Last edited:

justjazz

I have an Epiphone Les Paul classic through a Roland cube...weird combination I know but it really works well for me.

Louparte

This is my 2017 Les Paul Faded T, The practice amp is a VERY TWEAKED Fender 25R I've had for 10 years, not much stock about the amp anymore.
33332919295_ee81cbf66e_b.jpg
[/URL]Untitled by wb4h, on Flickr[/IMG]

I bought the same model (red) last week. I run it thru pedals and a mxing board into a Roland AC 90 right now. Getting a Jazz Chorus kind of sound that's pretty good. I use clean tones. Jazz sliding chords, Rockabilly, Blues.

Last edited:

gampadug

2015 Les Paul Less Plus
Why: Comfortable due to thin and body contour. Sounds great. Light.

Fender Mustang MarkIV
Why: Two bigass speakers and lots of effects to play with. Too much fun!