• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NEW MojoAxe - Wide Lapel Bell & Junior Truss rod covers just in! (PICS PICS PICS)

buyusfear

I just got these new bell truss rod covers in from MojoAxe and they are pretty killer!

The Junior truss-rod cover is something that has been available through MojoAxe before; however, now updated to be even more accurate, with a tighter perimeter conforming to the shape of originals, and tool markings along its edge. I have 2 original Junior covers (one sitting on my '56 Junior) and the pics show just how close this is.

The other truss rod cover is something that has been missing for a while from the parts market. Thats an LP Standard wide lapel cover with correct bevel and edge profile thickness.
You'll note that against the Historic cover, the edges of both MojoAxe and Vintage come to a ledge, rather than a sharp edge like the Historic.

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers1_orig.jpg

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers3_orig.jpg

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers4_orig.jpg

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers8_orig.jpg

One thing I'll point out is that even 50's Les Paul Standard truss rod covers will vary some. I have a couple and there are several anomalies, some seem to be more rounded off, or almost over polished, others, have roll markings across the face, others don't. Some have that tell tale treble side of the lower bell hook (you'll know it if you know it), and others don't.
Even the truss rod cover on this untouched '53 Goldtop's cover (left one in pic) has the weirdest flare along the treble side; which I've never seen on a vintage cover before. Almost like a slip of the punch or something?

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers5_orig.jpg

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers6_orig.jpg

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers7_orig.jpg

And lets not forget the amazingly awesome tailpieces Dan makes!
I might have a '53 Goldtop Photo thread coming up in the vintage section in a few days, as I may or may not be upgrading said goldtop with a MojoAxe Compensated Top wrap trapeze tailpiece...:yah:yah

mojoaxe-les-paul-trussrod-covers9_orig.jpg

corpse

Re: NEW MojoAxe - Wide Lapel Bell & Junior Truss rod covers just in! (PICS PICS PICS)

Thanks for that. Dan makes great stuff for sure.

PressR9

Re: NEW MojoAxe - Wide Lapel Bell & Junior Truss rod covers just in! (PICS PICS PICS)

Thanks for that. Dan makes great stuff for sure.

+1 He Sure does! I Love the Wraptail Bridge!
I have 2 of them on two R4's I own. :salude

Top Gun

Dan's parts are amazing, I highly recommend!

Hot_Snake

The "white lapel bell" one is great.
I bought one to put on my TH58 and compared it to the one on my '59 300T : very hard to notice any difference. Great job Dan !