• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

90s Guitar World issues?

S. Cane

Does anybody here have circa 1995 Guitar World magazine issues?

Nick-O

I might. I stopped buying them in 1996, but I did keep some. I just recycled about 35 lbs of them a month or so ago. Is there something specific you are looking for?

S. Cane

I might. I stopped buying them in 1996, but I did keep some. I just recycled about 35 lbs of them a month or so ago. Is there something specific you are looking for?

Cool!

If you can find one, could you please check this

Back in 96 I saw an ad in a 95 or 96 Guitar World issue, it was a strings ad, a Dean Markley ad IIRC, with a guy sort of waiting for a bus or a ride, with a bag and a guitar case.

It said something like "your parents never really understood your music. But your dreams are not theirs. So string up and do what you have to do", or something".

That ad actually made me dream of the day I'd be an electric guitar player myself (I was already a musician, but played classical guitar and was very frustrated). Now I can’t find it anywhere.

Hope I can find it someday, I'll definitely make a poster of it.

Last edited:

chasenblues

Are you positive it was a string ad?

Close?

ZcMJ2Mxl.jpg

S. Cane

I could be wrong about it being a string ad, but that one's not it. I remember clearly that phrase “your dreams are not theirs”, regarding the parents. And the guy had a guitar in a case.

hey, thanks for taking the time to look and post that one, I appreciate it!!

Last edited:

Nick-O

I had 5 from 1995-96, but the ad was not in them. Looks like Warren Haynes was hot those years/issues, and still a good bit of big hair and pointy guitars. These are headed to the recycle. I have some other from the earlier 90's I will look at, but sorry to say I am not seeing your ad.

Xpensive Wino

Cool!

If you can find one, could you please check this

Back in 96 I saw an ad in a 95 or 96 Guitar World issue, it was a strings ad, a Dean Markley ad IIRC, with a guy sort of waiting for a bus or a ride, with a bag and a guitar case.

It said something like "your parents never really understood your music. But your dreams are not theirs. So string up and do what you have to do", or something".

That ad actually made me dream of the day I'd be an electric guitar player myself (I was already a musician, but played classical guitar and was very frustrated). Now I can’t find it anywhere.

Hope I can find it someday, I'll definitely make a poster of it.

Is this it?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1996-origina...n-pawn-shop-/150975656465?hash=item2326d9b211

S. Cane

Nope, but this morning I came across this magazine seller and finally found it!

2ry6lw5.jpg

This one goes straight to the wall, in a frame.
drink4.gif