• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

An ode to the Les Paul Special (with sound content)

gsg

This is why I love the Les Paul Special:

It's just over 6 years since I bought my 1957 Les Paul Special (thanks again Yuuki). It's been my #1 ever since. It had a pretty ugly refin in the 70s so no serial # I can give you, has the original pickups, period correct harness (though not the original) and now a mojo axe bridge. It still amazes me the range of tones I can get from pickup selection and guitar volume/tone. Ballsy bridge tones, jangly rhythms, funky and cutting, big and bold neck tones, acoustic-like rolled down...

All this to say, I think me and the Special is a match made in heaven.

sws1

Nice. Love the tone around 1:30. You can almost sense what it feels like to be in the room at that point.

Jumping@Shadows

This is why I love the Les Paul Special:

It's just over 6 years since I bought my 1957 Les Paul Special (thanks again Yuuki). It's been my #1 ever since. It had a pretty ugly refin in the 70s so no serial # I can give you, has the original pickups, period correct harness (though not the original) and now a mojo axe bridge. It still amazes me the range of tones I can get from pickup selection and guitar volume/tone. Ballsy bridge tones, jangly rhythms, funky and cutting, big and bold neck tones, acoustic-like rolled down...

All this to say, I think me and the Special is a match made in heaven.

Sounds perfect Chris! My first ‘50s LP was a refin big necked ‘56 LPS, and I don’t think I’ve greatly improved on that tone and performance since :salude
I believe Gil said that for tone alone, Gibson could have stopped at the SC LPS- now send it over so I can give it a ‘50s correct TV Yellow refin :)